05+ caliper help

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO
If you have an 05+ NBS 1500 truck with 13" front rotors and rear drums, can you please tell me what brake code you have.. Trying to order unloaded calipers from Advance Auto and there's a million fucking options. I just want dual piston front calipers to do the 05+ 13" brake upgrade. Must be 13" front rotors which I'm pretty sure only came on 05+ with rear drums. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

You should be able to say 1500 2wd 06 Silverado and get the right shit you need. Advance and Autozone and shit list ALL NBS brake options when you say Silverado. The SUV's like Tahoes Avalanches and Yukons still had the smaller front brakes in 05 and 06. Personally, I would order the the Powerstop slotted rotors and the Powerstop calipers (they are already powder coated red) from Rockauto.com and then get your pads locally from Advance so you can have a warranty on your pads.

I thought the powerstop slotted cross drilled stuff was a waste of monies. That NBS see best upgrade in larger rotors and dual piston calipers and pads and lines.

I thought the powerstop slotted cross drilled stuff was a waste of monies. That NBS see best upgrade in larger rotors and dual piston calipers and pads and lines.

I've had Powerstop rotors on my Burb for almost 3 years now. They are damn fine rotors for the money. Are there better rotors out there? Yes, of course there are. Are there better rotors for the same price or less than the Powerstops? I doubt it.
I bought mine from Brakemotive on Egay. All four rotors were around $220 shipped. For a stock replacement sized rotor, they are about the same price as Auto zone or other parts store rotors. But if you are looking to go bigger (other than a 99-04 upgrading to 05+ rotors) then maybe you should look at other options. I would avoid the Powerstop pads though. I bought the kit with pads and rotors for my wife's
Altima almost a year before I bought the ones for my truck. The Powerstop pads made a shit ton of brake dust. I replaced them with Wagner Thermoquiet Ceramics and they stopped slightly better, and with damn near zero brake dust. So that's the combo I went with on my truck, Powers top rotors and Wagner Thermoquiet brake pads. They stop better than my stock brakes ever did and with almost zero brake dust. I can go a month without washing my truck and my wheels will still look basically clean.

You should be able to say 1500 2wd 06 Silverado and get the right shit you need. Advance and Autozone and shit list ALL NBS brake options when you say Silverado. The SUV's like Tahoes Avalanches and Yukons still had the smaller front brakes in 05 and 06. Personally, I would order the the Powerstop slotted rotors and the Powerstop calipers (they are already powder coated red) from Rockauto.com and then get your pads locally from Advance so you can have a warranty on your pads.
Already planned on getting those same rotors. 2wd make a difference? I have 4x4. I'd like to just tell them what I have but I was gonna order from Advance Auto online to use their online coupons. Still so many choices. But hell, I'll just order the powerstop calipers from rock auto too. Got a p/n by chance? For pads I already ordered EBC Green Stuff 7000 for the front and Green Stuff 6000 for rear (they don't make 7000 for rear). I also have Tahoe dual piston rear calipers and Russell Stainless Steel brake lines I'm gonna throw on.

EDIT: S4918 is p/n for calipers I believe. $88 each. Can't core bc mine are different. Fuuuu
Couple ppl had bad experiences with them so drilled and slotted gets a lot of hate. I is doing bigger front rotors and dual piston rears and pads n ss lines like u said.

Last edited:
Slotted don't seem to have the cracking issues cross drilled do but my GXP had cross drilled rotors and I drove the shit out of that car somedays and it had multiple stops from well over 100 and I didn't have any cracks in my, did have to poke brake dust out of them every oil change but swapping to better pads or not driving like a jackass would have solved that I think.

I gotta freshen up the brakes on my truck but wanna wait until I get new wheels. Cant go 13" with 16" wheels lol

Last edited:
Part numbers for anyone interested in doing this...

Front Drilled and Slotted Rotors for 05+ Swap: PWR-AR-8654XPR
Rear Drilled and Slotted Rotors for dual piston SUV/SSS caliper swap: PWR-AR-8645XPR
Front Calipers for 05+ Swap: S4918 (Powdercoated red)
Rear Dual Piston SUV/SSS Calipers: S4764 (Powdercoated red)
Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines for NBS 4x4 trucks: 672470