2007 Grand Prix

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Well here's my current car, its a 2007 Grand Prick GXP.

iagxp-albums-2007-gxp-picture7396-a.jpg

My favorite pic of the car

532728_10150808427836121_507146120_9571723_1850472729_n.jpg

From today, just a wash and wax.

Plans are to have the few paint issues fixed(door dings), there is a dent that I will have fixed and get a new passenger mirror. I will get 4 new 18x8 factory repro's from OE Wheels(have to get 4 because mine took a HARD hit in some constrution) and run the wider wheels on all 4 corners with the factory 255/45 tires size. going to get 20% tint on the front roll downs. Some sort of stereo will go in it, would like to get some SA12s and an SAZ-1500dv2. Engine/trans wise it will get a shift kit and a trans cooler(no more 215* in traffic :eek:, only happened once but that is one more time than I wanted to see), I would like to put a decent sounding exhaust on it, thinking 2.5" pipe with a 16-20" glasspack, 2 Cherry Bomb Extremes and C6 Corvette tips to finish it out. I will probably make a CAI for it aswell just to get some good sound from it, any minimal gains from exhaust/intake will just be a bonus. After those few things just drive and enjoy it.

Nice car........please dont fuck it up with glass packs and cherry bombs. If you want decent sound, do a muffler delete with headers and keep the cats on.

Theres a GXP driving around here with that exact set up and it sounds nasty - it doesnt pop and scream like a rednecks wet dream.

Nice car........please dont fuck it up with glass packs and cherry bombs. If you want decent sound, do a muffler delete with headers and keep the cats on.

Theres a GXP driving around here with that exact set up and it sounds nasty - it doesnt pop and scream like a rednecks wet dream.

Glass pack to replace resonator, will flow good, quiet it down some and keep drone down. Cherry Bomb Extreme is what I have on my truck and it doesnt pop and cackle, its a single chamber muffler. Doug Thorley is the only company that makes headers, they only sell them in runs of 10 and for $1000 I'm not going to buy 10 sets.

Thanks but bad news, 1st slipped the other day, checked trans fluid, it was in the bottom of the range so I put 1/2 qt. in to get it back to the middle where it normally is and fiance said it did it to her the other day again. Looks like I need to find a LS4 4T65E-HD to rebuild, fuck spending $2600 on a Triple Edge Performance trans when I can build it myself, or send the car on its way. It has 71,000 miles and anything over 55-60 is really just borrowed time for the trans in these.

Last edited:
Been a while since it felt weird, hasnt done it since then. I took it out beat it a little and it was fine, never would have thought half a quart would make that much difference, going to get a shift kit and trans cooler soon.