94 v6 1500 Lift Questions

kippjr23

May 5, 2012
I know they dont sell Lift Kits for the v6 2wheel drive. Its a 94 v6 Silverado and I want a 3inch lift.
What is the best size tires?
And how would I lift it?
Body Lift? Susp Lift?

Im 16 with job saving money.
Just here to learn more about what I Can do with my truck.

Last edited:
I'm assuming it's a 4x4? If so, you can just jack up the front of the truck till the tires are off the ground, throw a couple jack stands under it, and crawl up under it and crank the torsion key bolts. OBS keys crank a long way, there's no need for aftermarket/ford keys and you should be able to get about 3" of lift. Just leave 1/8"-1/4" of space between the upper control arm and the droop stops so it'll ride good.

I'm also assuming stock wheels? If so, you can run anything from a 285/75/16 all the way up to some 35x12.50s on the stockers. You may have to trim a little with the 35s, but not much. Aftermarket wheels that are wider/have a low offset will change what size tires you can run because they increase the scrub radius.

Oh and :welcome:

^^^^^what he said. And your for sure going to need to regear if you do 33's or larger. Also I believe with a spindle lift on those years the stock rims won't work. Need a 16 inch or bigger.

No Im really Curious! I dont know near enough about trucks. Im 16 and just very interested in fixing up my truck. I have a job and saving money.
So a 4inch Spindle lift you think is the way to go?

Thanks for all of the responses.

My goal is to give it that look of a good 4x4 z71 style. with a small lift.

Why not lift?
Ive always heard dont lift a 2wd. but why?
Its for looks not mudding.

I dont want to lower my truck.

I might give a call sometime soon. Im just browsing around I cant do anything anytime soon.
Thanks.

Most people just don't like lifted 2wds, it's your truck, do what you want. If you don't mind showing more frame than you already are I'd consider a 2 or 3" bodylift, I believe Zone makes some, not sure though.

i completely agree with them its your truck do what you want im not trying to steer you away sorry if it sounds that way i just think its pointless to lift a 2wd truck if you want the look of a 4wd truck go buy one imo