94 v6 1500 Lift Questions

Thats only for 4wd trucks (2wd = coil springs in the front, 4wd = torsion bars) when you tighten the bolt on the bottom of the torsion bar key it raises the front of the truck up.

sorry not trying to thread jack but on my 95 obs where on the front is the bolt for the tb?

Look under the front of your truck, look at the lower control arm, you will see a round bar running from the lower control arm the the rear of the truck (stops about under the front seat), the end of the bar will be in a key, at the bottom of that key will be a bolt facing the ground, and thats the bolt you want to tighten.

Look under the front of your truck, look at the lower control arm, you will see a round bar running from the lower control arm the the rear of the truck (stops about under the front seat), the end of the bar will be in a key, at the bottom of that key will be a bolt facing the ground, and thats the bolt you want to tighten.

so it doesnt run from pass side to driver side it it runs from each cntrl arm to the back or? sorry never actually knew

Yes, the torsion bar bracket is left to right though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chris, this is what you need to look for:

dlhid2.jpg

You want to avoid cranking torsion bars, it causes premature wear. You probably have rake as it is, so yiud crank themro level the truck, not lift

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DO NOT lift the front up past 1.5 inches. Lifting the front via cranking the bars puts added strain on the front suspension components and you'll be going through ball joints left and right. You could go up to 2 inches, but I wouldn't recommend it. You have to jack the front wheels off the ground first before you crank them. Then after you crank the bars and set it back down on the ground, back it up and pull it forward a couple times to setlle the front and remeasure.

I ran my old 90 GMC and my old 05 Chevy at 1.5" with no bad results. Just make sure you get it aligned after.

Edit: Even ran my old Jimmy at 2 inches with no bad results. However, I only put about 10,000 miles on it cranked.

With the factory u bolts you can only go with so big of a block, depending on how much higher you want the back to set you might need to have longer u bolts. But to simply answer you question, yes, tighten the torsion bars and install rear block.

Measure from the ground to the bottom of your fender on each side. You only need to turn probably 3-4 full turns to start out with and go from there.