98 sierra headlight and wiper issue

munk6988

Feb 15, 2014
I have a 98 sierra that I bought off a family member. It's a little beat up but runs strong. I'm having a few issues that need to be fixed asap

1 my windshield wipers will not turn off unless I pull the fuse

2 the left headlight and right bright don't work and when I turn the knob to turn them on my left trun signal light comes on but that side signal doesn't work

I haven't had time to chase the wires yet for the headlights and from a book I read the wipers have a short before the ground which will cause them to not turn off. So if anyone knows where the ground location is for that and any tips on the headlights that would be helpful. Thanks

First off, welcome.

I'm not surenif the 99 is like the older trucks. But if so it sounds like the wiper module is bad.

The other issue sounds like just wiring, the two could be related.

Thanks. I've read a few places that the wiper module was a recall item but that was from articles from 06. Would I still be able to get that recalled?

The headlight lenses in my dad's '96 Sierra 1500 are really cloudy and need to be replaced. Anyone know how you remove the existing units? I'm told you can just replace the 'capsule' and don't have to replace all of the brackets. If anyone knows where an article on the subject is, that would be great..

like others said could be the wiper board to fix the wiper problem, didnt fix mine but when i replaced my multifunction switch (needed replacement anyways) it fixed my wiper problem, i wouldnt think itd be the wiper motor if they still work its just they wont turn off.