A/c Help.

DirtyRed

Nov 30, 2013
04 2500hd with digital climate control. A/c has been acting up past few months.
When I turn the A/c on the snowflake blinks 3 times and clutch does not engage. Did it all day today. Was 87 degrees out. Yesterday I had the accumulator replaced, orfice tube replace and had the system vacuumed and refilled. When the a/c decides to work, it's ice cold but not sure what else to look for. I jumped the low pressure switch, no luck, jumped the green wire on the compressor and the clutch engaged and a/c was cold. My outside temp sensor is off by about 5 degrees, not sure if it uses that temp sensor. I tapped both low/high pressure switches no luck. Read it could be truck overheating, low batt voltage, pressure to high, pressure to low, i have ruled these out. Put gauges on, when I jumped the compressor I had 42 low side, 174 high side. I washed the condenser today. When I change to feet or defrost it works fine or turn to hot the heater works fine on both sides.

Would a bad climate control cause this? Any other ideas?

When it acts up I have to disconnect the batt to get it to work again, simple turn off and back on does not work.

Thanks in advance!