A little bit of pricing help please..

06_6.6

May 23, 2012
Injun Territory
Alright so I just want to start this off that this is NOT a for sale thread. I'm selling off my 1996 Yukon and my 1994 C1500.

1996 Yukon SLE 4 Door 5.7 4x4 W/Barn doors:
  • Rebuilt 4L60E & 10 Bolt w/G80 @ 265k
  • <10k miles on new balljoints, tie rods, front hubs, and 4x4 actuator. (4x4 switch in dash IS bad)
  • <10k miles on 265/75 Nitto Terra Grapplers
  • Wired for sub/amp
  • Pioneer door speakers
  • Interior is rough, bought with no carpet in back passenger floor
  • Paint is scratched, dent on PS fender, rattle can on patch of roof to prevent rust, no rust anywhere
  • Tow package
  • Chopped cats w/ true dual super 44 FM's
  • Blackbear 91 tune w/ cat delete

1994 C1500 W/T 4.3
  • 217k Miles
  • 4.3 rebuilt @ 170k Miles
  • Tranny shifts great
  • Manual locks/windows
  • Rubber floor, tear on drivers side of bench, drivers side door panel iffy
  • Tint
  • Bedliner
  • Dummy cat w/ 24" glasspack
  • Tow package
  • 15k Miles on 235/75 Goodyear Wranglers w/wheels off a 98 (not steelies)

Not expecting a whole lot, but from what I've seen around my area the truck will more than likely hold more value over the yukon. I was thinking of selling the Yukon at $3500 OBO, which is half of what I have into it. The 94 I was thinking $3500 OBO as well. Thoughts?

yukon, $4k asking price, realistic $2500-$3k tops assuming someone really wants it. In our areas, those are easy to find, you may have more luck closer to me though.

The work truck, maybe $2k tops imo.

May get lucky though.

I'm honestly hoping for the best, expecting the worst with both vehicles. But people will see that OBO behind the price and the worst I could say is no. Just didn't wanna go too high as to get ignored or played off.

The Yukon with that many miles on it is 1500 to $2k in my area. You can get those all day long with half the miles for 2500.

The truck will hold more value due to being a truck but with it's miles and being a W/T it, too, is a 1500 truck (in my area).

Pretty much agree, BUT, there is always hope.

I got $2800 for my '89 lwb 4x4 that needed paint. It was a very solid truck, and I held out until I got what I wanted. I paid $1500 for it.

More than likely you wont get that luck with the Yukon as SUV's aren't wanted as much. My truck was a great work truck for someone being 4x4 and lwb.

Ask Moore how selling his has gone...

I sold my 2 door for $4k with a misfire. It was the injector assembly. But 2 doors hold more value, and it was fully loaded and had 121k miles.

True. I'm aiming for $2,500.00 for the yukon, hoping the same for the 94. I'm mainly starting with the Yukon so I can cut atleast one $120/month payment out of my pocket since I had borrowed money against it for school once. And if i could sell the '94 then I could buy a truck from my dad's company for cheap..