Adam's Window Sealant Review

I just bought rainx in the spray bottle yesterday for the first time. If it dones me goods then ill probably pick up that rainx washer fluid for shits sake. Can't beat ~$5 a piece for it

sent from my HTC Rezound

$20 for only a 4oz bottle? :scared:

Ours is a much higher concentration... 4x the active ingredient of the 'leading glass sealant' to be exact... so even though its only a 4oz bottle, you're getting a higher concentration of the protective coating on the glass. Which will outlast and outperform the cheaper low content products you find OTC.

I do as well, or wax.

Not a bad idea, although a glass sealant is going to be specifically engineered to bond with the glass, offering better durability. Ours forms a bond with the surface and also helps fill in minor pits and chips, which increases the visibility and optical clarity of the glass. Its a noticable improvement, especially when driving into the sun when your glass usually looks its worst.

Ours is a much higher concentration... 4x the active ingredient of the 'leading glass sealant' to be exact... so even though its only a 4oz bottle, you're getting a higher concentration of the protective coating on the glass. Which will outlast and outperform the cheaper low content products you find OTC.

You guys always have awesome reasons to justify your products..which gives me less and less excuses to buy some :crossarms:

:D

sent from my HTC Rezound

I use the rainx washer fluid, would it strip adams sealant? Ive tried using traditional rainx in a bottle, but it always leaves streaks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

will have to try. i always get the rain-x washer fluid for like $3 and it works good, but it leaves streaks sometimes. probably about to order a bunch of adams stuff here, interior and exterior needs help

Sealant works good, but the durability isn't the best. I wanna try this stuff out, Im sure it works kickass.

Dylan, if you use it then down the road spray glass with aerosal glass cleaner will it remove it? or is it pretty tough?

Dylan, if you use it then down the road spray glass with aerosal glass cleaner will it remove it? or is it pretty tough?

This, and even if you have rainx wiper fluid, will that affect your product or just kinda add on top of that?

sent from my HTC Rezound

Depends on what kind of cleaners you're using... if they're high in alcohol or solvent content (which aerosols almost always are) they can significantly reduce the lifespan of any sealant product on the glass. Same goes for washer fluid... most any washer fluid (rain x included) contains some amount of alcohol to prevent freezing in the tank or sprayer lines. "winter specific" ones will have a TON of alcohol content. A dedicated glass sealant is still going to stand up to wiper abrasion and chemical exposure much better than a paint wax or sealant, but it will be degraded to some degree when you use anything with alcohol in it.

I spray my windshield every day. Lol guess im out on this one
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2