Add leather seats?

aaronkl123

Jan 5, 2014
I have an 05 crew cab sierra with the cloth seats and I would like to find leather seats to replace them. I am wondering how much of a hassle it would be to add leather seats WITH the heated function. (Probably just pick some seats up from an auto wrecker)

I do thankfully.
Why would they include the wiring for heated seats in interiors without the heated seats?
Can I heat up my cloth seats? :hmm: hahahah kidding of course

yeah, I want to say all wiring is there, I think it is cheaper to wire all trucks the same, and just not add the accessories down the assembly line, rather than having several lines for the different trucks.

You can actually trim the oem panels for heated switches IIRC. Probably be tough finding decent leather since GM leather sucks the D.

honestly, I would just buy katskinz, or roadwire, or etc and swap them to your cloth seats. Get the panels, or trim to fit some.

When I tackled this, here is what I needed.

Heated Seats
Harness from a truck with heated seats
Switches for both doors
Dealer programming for RPO code (sorry cant remember off top of my head)
Normal color Katz on ebay $400-$550 I did black with silver stitching $725....

Last edited:
old thread, but i couldn't ever find a door panel to replace mine that got smashed so i got a normal one and cut the hole out for the switch with a dremel

51wID5mCoAL.jpg

2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverardo 1500 / 2500 / 3500 Crew Cab - Black - Clazzio Leather Seat Covers : Amazon.com : Automotive

The Katzkin really aren't that much work, couple-3 hours to do. If I had to do over, maybe a hour n half at most.

I wouldn't mess with the heated part unless you got access to the donor truck that seats came from. Big ass headache!