Airraid MIT?

Black Bear just did dyno testing on 5 different CAIs and the Airaid MIT won over the rest. Not only is it better performance wise but it's also cheaper than the others they test iirc. Following the test I decided to pick one up for myself. I can definitely feel a difference in throttle response starting from ~1700 rpms and up. It's nothing dramatic but any improvement is a plus. The biggest and best difference though is the sound. I have the Corsa dB exhaust and before the MIT it was throaty all throughout the rpm range. The MIT added a bit more bass under load, especially during WOT. Now the truck sounds more powerful. As far as picking up MPGs I track mine with every fill up and haven't noticed much difference, maybe a .2/.3 at best but I'm also in the throttle more. This is my 4.8l by the way.

Last edited:
I've got both the full airaid intake and the airaid jr kit/hacked air box. They both use identical MIT tubes. That said there is no difference performance wise between the two. Just depends which you think looks better under your hood.

I have the jr kit, and LOVE it, I have those ricer looking models, I bought airraid solely because it looks OEM, I chose to stay with the stock box, because it WORKS! Drop in a filter and go, the box mod imo isn't worth my cutting it up on a stock truck. it flows well enough imo

Wasn't BBP's test done with the stock filter, and it still did better than the other?

Just got my MIT in yesterday along with a k&n filter in the stock box. I based my decision off of bbp's test results and price vs gains. Definitely worth the money imo.