Aluminum wheel repair?

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
I keep running across mixed responses on the web, so figured I would post up here. Yesterday I got ran off the road and ended up bending a wheel. It's on the inner lip and it still holds air. So can it be fixed, or just replaced? A new wheel is $162+shipping.
b958acd39451bf498d2da51e958fe928.jpg

Just replace it, that's cheap. I've personally straightened wheels out with a rubber mallet and have had no problems though.

Same as above, most places here want 50-75 per wheel depending on how bad they are. Could try that, but honestly I'd just buy a new wheel. Can't believe 22s are that cheap

MY local wheel place fixes for 25 bucks

Dfw. Can only find 1 guy who fixes wheels here and he's not even local. He comes to Texarkana every Friday and does wheel repair at the dealership. Quoted me $200 to fix and refinish 2 of my Tahoes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That would be sweet. Shipping would kill any kind of deal though unfortunately

If it rides fine and balances out, what's the big deal? Sucks you bent a wheel yea but its not noticeable. If it was still functional I'd keep using it

If it rides fine and balances out, what's the big deal? Sucks you bent a wheel yea but its not noticeable. If it was still functional I'd keep using it

Word. I'd do the same. Wanted to do it with mine but they are bent a lot worse and I don't want to buy tires, mount/balance and then have them not hold air.