For Sale: Bagged 05 cc on 24s 15k

reverse 4 link? modded brake booster? he'd have to knock off $3000 to make it worth it to get it redone before I'd consider buying it

What is wrong with the reverse and booster? serious question...I'd really consider, but I wouldnt pay anymore than $3k for it with mine. Hell, he could keep his wheels and do a straight trade.

reverse 4 link counteracts the way the truck will drive. I.E. when you accelerate the truck will start to lift and when you brake the back of the truck will sag.

when someone says they have a modified brake booster, it usually means they have taken the stock vacuum booster and moved it. and i've seen some rather shitty looking jobs, not to mention the difference in hydraboost and vacuum boost are leaps and bounds.

reverse 4 link counteracts the way the truck will drive. I.E. when you accelerate the truck will start to lift and when you brake the back of the truck will sag.

when someone says they have a modified brake booster, it usually means they have taken the stock vacuum booster and moved it. and i've seen some rather shitty looking jobs, not to mention the difference in hydraboost and vacuum boost are leaps and bounds.

I havent looked into reverse 4's much, but this setup means that the bags are filled when the truck is laid out, and depressed when the truck is aired up, therefore making it firmer when riding low? Id think that would be pretty comfortable, and if you had shocks that had a firm rebound you wouldnt have too much of a problem with the truck lifting when accelerating. Would be cool.

This thing is a beauty, reeeeallly want a red truck...maybe offer my 07 plus 1k...

I havent looked into reverse 4's much, but this setup means that the bags are filled when the truck is laid out, and depressed when the truck is aired up, therefore making it firmer when riding low? Id think that would be pretty comfortable, and if you had shocks that had a firm rebound you wouldnt have too much of a problem with the truck lifting when accelerating. Would be cool.

This thing is a beauty, reeeeallly want a red truck...maybe offer my 07 plus 1k...

oh no sir, that is in no way whats going on. has nothing to do with the bags. its how the link bars are mounted

the way a suspension is designed to work is to push wieght onto the rear axle for traction purposes. the bars mounting to the frame in front of the axle transfers the weight to the axle on take off, this is where the squat comes from. It does the exact opposite when braking, thats why vehicles nose dive a little.

If you reverse the link bars and mount them to the frame behind the axle, you turn the forces around. so when you brake, the axle force from the frame is pushing down on lower bars causing the truck to squat. when you accelerate, the axle pulls the lower links causing it to raise a little.

oh no sir, that is in no way whats going on. has nothing to do with the bags. its how the link bars are mounted

the way a suspension is designed to work is to push wieght onto the rear axle for traction purposes. the bars mounting to the frame in front of the axle transfers the weight to the axle on take off, this is where the squat comes from. It does the exact opposite when braking, thats why vehicles nose dive a little.

If you reverse the link bars and mount them to the frame behind the axle, you turn the forces around. so when you brake, the axle force from the frame is pushing down on lower bars causing the truck to squat. when you accelerate, the axle pulls the lower links causing it to raise a little.

Mkay then i just dont know anything about a reverse 4 then. Off to google.

this would suck:
reverse5.gif

Edit: Wtf setup was i initially talking about? Ive seen it in a truck or two and its gotta ride amazing...I dont believe it has a specific name, its just a different way to mount a bag with some crazy engineered bag mounts and pivot joints that make the truck raise when the air is let out of the bag, and lower then the bag is inflated.

Last edited:
Mkay then i just dont know anything about a reverse 4 then. Off to google.

this would suck:
reverse5.gif

Edit: Wtf setup was i initially talking about? Ive seen it in a truck or two and its gotta ride amazing...I dont believe it has a specific name, its just a different way to mount a bag with some crazy engineered bag mounts and pivot joints that make the truck raise when the air is let out of the bag, and lower then the bag is inflated.

That's impossible without some other form of suspension holding the truck up. The bags would be used to push the truck to the compress the other suspension and let the truck go down. That would be the only way it could work

That's impossible without some other form of suspension holding the truck up. The bags would be used to push the truck to the compress the other suspension and let the truck go down. That would be the only way it could work

swear to god im not crazy, im sure ive seen it before in a red cc sierra before, iirc it was BDd as well.

lookin for it.

Last edited:
Not saying you didn't but in order for the truck to be picked up as the bags deflate would mean the system vacuumed air out. Otherwise the bags would just stretch as they deflated. Unless there were coilovers instead of shocks that the bags were working against to lower the truck. Or leafs were counteracted by the bags keep lower the truck