Big as I can get?

Andrew.

:hnnng:
Jan 20, 2011
Canadadia
2wd. 4" Spindle, 2" Spacer. 2"BL. Positive im at limit of what I can get without a crossmember kit. Now my question...

Fabtech/Procomp/BDS/Superlift use 3" Spindles with springs to get you the 7". Would I be able to use my CST 4" ones if I were to pick up a crossmember kit? Or would I be better off picking up a set of new UCAs and springs and running what I got? CST ones i have retain almost factory width, which is kinda nice :shrug:

My ride is horrific right now, almost made me consider trading the damn thing in on a speed3 hatch. Probably go with coilovers if I do get a drop. Powder some things to make the 4wd mud kids die a little on the inside some more.

Why not a 3" bl? You could also get new upper arms from CST/Fabtech/Springtech, remove the spacers and run 3" springs. Although it won't help the ride any but you would gain an inch or so.

My ultimate goal would be another inch or so, maybe sit around the 35" mark. Run some 285 trails (trying to sell my terras) and some x10 ultra preds and a semi decent ride. Front bottoms so hard right now.

It isnt really the fact that the ride is horrible that I want to do the crossmember kit, just want more up i guess. Why i was wondering if I can use existing 4" spindles. :shrug:

Take out spacer to improve ride and then add 1.5" body lift to sustain current height if you want taller, go with a 3". But your truck is so clean you'll have to do the extra stuff to clean it up i.e. painted frame, gap guards, nfabs and a nice rear diff cover. But that changes a couple hundred dollar body lift to a $1,000+ mod

I believe Matt(blitzbody) is running the 4" spindles with the 3" springs and then a 1.5" bodylift with out the crossmember kit.

Go for the crossmember kit, they really aren't that noticable on a 2wd, and more up is always better, plus I think your truck looks awesome the way it is right now.

I would highly recommend a fabtech or pro comp kit 7" kit. You will maintain stock like ride quality and it looks good too. Also, I think the spindles that come with the 7" kits are much bigger than stock suspension lift spindles, so you wouldn't be able to use yours. Another option would be aftermarket UCA's and a coilover conversion. It would ride alot better than lift springs and you could actually go up an inch or so

Last edited:
I don't think you can run a factory style spindle (your cst spindle) with a drop down kit. The distances between the upper ball joint and lower ball joint is too long. You have to run the really tall drop down spindle. Also you can't run a drop down bracket spindle on stock suspension the spindle is too long to fit between the ball joints.

Oh yeah bump.

I would highly recommend a fabtech or pro comp kit 7" kit. You will maintain stock like ride quality and it looks good too. Also, I think the spindles that come with the 7" kits are much bigger than stock suspension lift spindles, so you wouldn't be able to use yours. Another option would be aftermarket UCA's and a coilover conversion. It would ride alot better than lift springs and you could actually go up an inch or so

dont forget the washer mod :read: