Brett Runner (What Happened)

456115_3777452548514_1864241675_o.jpg

Already at the shop getting fixed. Should be done later this week. Hes doing a bunch of little piddle stuff that i wanted to get done as well.

It's a heavy truck. So something like this happening is always a possibility even after its fixed. And I'm pretty sure I made a previous post in one of your threads about strapping it at 16. Which is what I would still do if I were you. It will stretch out to 18 being it has hd hubs and soon to be 37's. With stock mounting locations I wouldn't trust 20 inches of travel on a heavy ass hd. Not to mention its an hd those things have like 4 inches of travel stock. BUILD A GOD DAMN RANGER ALEADY. They are cheap to build parts are everywhere the kinks are already worked out and did I mention they are cheap to build (comparatively). You already have the hd to tow so your golden. You want to shred in something build a fuckin ranger. Camburg beams and radius arms, foa's coilovers up front bed cage couple spares deavers foa's out back glass 33's 4.0 and Lincoln lock the 8.8 and you could run circles around your truck for half the price.

Sure he could build a ranger, and look like all of the other dudes with rangers. Seeing a 3/4 ton truck rail whoops is sure to turn heads as opposed to a ranger. Just my .02

It's a heavy truck. So something like this happening is always a possibility even after its fixed. And I'm pretty sure I made a previous post in one of your threads about strapping it at 16. Which is what I would still do if I were you. It will stretch out to 18 being it has hd hubs and soon to be 37's. With stock mounting locations I wouldn't trust 20 inches of travel on a heavy ass hd. Not to mention its an hd those things have like 4 inches of travel stock. BUILD A GOD DAMN RANGER ALEADY. They are cheap to build parts are everywhere the kinks are already worked out and did I mention they are cheap to build (comparatively). You already have the hd to tow so your golden. You want to shred in something build a fuckin ranger. Camburg beams and radius arms, foa's coilovers up front bed cage couple spares deavers foa's out back glass 33's 4.0 and Lincoln lock the 8.8 and you could run circles around your truck for half the price.

Jeff,

I've always trusted and respected your knowledge but you know I dont give up easy. For 2 years my dixon kit did fine (it actually never failed). The reason why this happened is a simple miscalculation, not because of the truck being heavy. Truck weights 400lbs more than a 4x4 CCSB 1500, (remember I'm 2500LD). I don't plan on running 37s on the stock hubs either, when I'm ready for that I will. My toyos measure out of 33.6 right now, with some LEGIT 35's it will look alot better.

Damn that sucks, glad he's stepping up and fixing it. WTF happened with people with "special needs"?

He showed me on the small scale he mocked up. The Unibal was about 1/4 of an inch off.

good thing this happened now... i would of felt bad had we raced and you lost AND truck broke. At least I would of won before mine overheated.

wouldn't be able to touch me in the whoops thats for sure. But level for level , yeah you would.

Sure he could build a ranger, and look like all of the other dudes with rangers. Seeing a 3/4 ton truck rail whoops is sure to turn heads as opposed to a ranger. Just my .02

It's not a car show. Being unique doesn't get you home. It's also a stupid way to go unless money is no object.

It's not a car show. Being unique doesn't get you home. It's also a stupid way to go unless money is no object.

Not worried about cash, after 2 years of having long travel on it this is the first problem I've had. To be honest I think thats a good track record.

Jeff I love you :p

After having my HD for a while now (I know yours is LD blah blah blah)....and squeezing the 12" I have out of it ( with all its associated problems) I hands down agree with Jeff.

Especially after working in the off-road/ go-fast industry now for a little while there is a good reason most prerunners are tacos/rangers etc..... THEY WORK.

Worried about looking like all the other rangers? LOL That's almost like saying so many people drive trucks I'm not going to drive a truck. There is a lot of room for imagination/creative engineering on a ranger, don't let the white fiberglass on all of em' fool you, no 2 "built" rangers are the same.... each one is a clean slate.

I'm pretty sure they have a name for a full size prerunner/ baja truck.......oh yea, Trophy Truck. :patriot: