Build Thread for Big Blue

The steering is mostly the issue on nnbs 1500's Mal. He would either need to mount a box or go full hydro.

Correct you are. I have thought about it and thought about it. For now its not worth my time/effort to go SAS. Eventually it may become something I'm interested in.

Yea I do have 5.38s in it now. When I swap rear ends I may drop down to a 4.56 or 4.88, depending on how my HP level is looking then.

Well decided to scrap the rear 4-link project. I'm going to be pulling the factory block in the back here soon and tossing on a set of 2" DOM Traction bars that me and a few buddies are building.

To make sure I have a rear end to withstand all that power, I've been talking with Currie Enterprises to have them build me a Full Floating Custom Built Ford 9" using their 3.5" HD Axle Housing, Full Float outers with Wilwood Disc brakes, 35spl TruTrac and 4.56 gears(still undecided on gear ratio)

Last edited:
I think 4.56 would be about right for 38/24's and boost. That axle sounds pricey, will it be bolt in once it's shipped off to you?

Got semi bags for the back of the truck. Designing up a 4-link setup currently. Also working with MMW for a set of custom spindles that fit the 1500 front end but use 08 2500hd hub and brake setup.

Also picked up a 14b FF rear thats torn apart and getting discs, gears, and a detroit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

holy shit didn't see that coming. quite the truck your building.

if it helps, my friend has 4.88's on his tahoe and loves it. drivetrain is a 5.3HO whippled with a 6lb pully bolted to a built 4l80e. wheels/tires are 20x12's and 40x15.50 toyos.

i still think he should have gone with 5.13's for 40's even with all the power. but 4.56 is way too low for 40's

Yeah I'll be changing to 36x15.50 MTZs on 20x14 American Forces. Either Indepence SS Polished or Recon SS Polished. The 14bolt will probably get 4.56s for now so I can still tow with the gas engine until I change drivetrain completely and then swap down to 4.10s or maybe 3.73s.

I'm just ready to get this thing bagged, axle swapped, and new front spindles.

Maybe I've missed it, but Mike, What do you do for work that you can afford to build this thing so fast?

Ordered my Grant Kustoms roll pan earlier and will be order tailgate handle flip and sheetmetal to shave the gate.

Also working on 6-linking the back of the truck with air bags

Latest Craze Car Club
25 Years Strong

Didnt realize it still said 46s, after talking with a few people from different companies that idea got scrapped. Will update

427878_448266778570824_909655449_n.jpg