Car Insurance? What company do you have?

You sir do not live in New Jersey, I can tell you that much.
I think the only time my insurance was even close to that was when I had my 89 Topaz with liability only and 3 other cars on my parents policy for $95/month and a 750 deductible

The last time I was paying about what you pay was when I was 21 in my STi. Kids my age loved to crash them apparently. Shit got so expensive I ended up having to get rid of it.

I have geico also and no problems so far. Had a chip in my windshield and they had someone out as soon I was available and fixed it free. Motorcycle wreck that only caused damage to my bike, no hikes since I didnt claim the damage, told them I'd rather just rebuild it the way I wanted and keep my rate down and they had no problem with it.

i have progressive. its not bad, rates barely went up when i hit a hhr almost 3 years ago. now that im 25, and in sept that gets dropped off my history, hopefully insurance will be cheap

Haha you live in nj it won't be

In Canada being in the Insurance industry I always suggest going with a small mutual instead of the big names. Mutual's are easier to deal with when settling claims cuz they don't have floors of lawyers that will toss the book at you if need be. This isn't a huge issue for claims under $100,000 but anything above that, like say a catastrophic claim which are now over 1 mill, the big guys will look for any reason NOT to pay a claim.

That being said, I'm with Yarmouth Mutual and pay $125/month, clean record the past 12 years. I have $2,000,000 liability, $500 deductible, vehicle replacement endorsement (if car is stolen or totaled in the next 2 years, Insurance will buy the exact same car brand new from dealer so long as there is one on the lot), rental coverage and the family protection plan. Family protection plan just bumps uninsured auto from the legal min of $200k to full limits of my policy in the event I get into an accident with an uninsured auto. So if someone gets into an accident with another who isn't insured, the person with insurance only has $200,000 of coverage. Which if it's a serious accident is gone within months. Claims we are settling now happened 5-7 years ago and they are starting to push the 1 million mark. That's why I suggest everyone carries at least1.5 or 2 million coverage.

I'm thinking about going with progressive. Just about every place I got a quote from wants at least $120-$150 a month more than what State Farm was charging me, and that's even with me switching from full to liability on my Suburban.
I called my old insurance agent in New Orleans who I always dealt with prior to switching to State Farm. He's a small independent agent, and sells policies with multiple companies. He said Progressive came back with the best rate, which is only about $45 a month more than what I have been paying. I know a hike is to be expected since my wife had an at fault accident, but damn near double is a bit fuckin outrageous. I can deal with $45 more a month.

I have State Farm but they've recently increased my premiums without any reason so I am switching companies. Still looking where I could find a good quote online. I am inclined to get a comprehensive coverage only.

i was on my own with the OBS when i turned 21, just liablility is around 1100 every six months

Holy crap!

I'm under 700 for my truck and wifeys escape for full coverage on both.

Country companies - local insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: