Castrol Edge v. Mobil 1?

Meh, oil is oil. What they claim to be "different" than others is just they're own additive recipe, everybody's is different. Same goes for synthetics, I've run just about everybody's dino oil and synthetic and have nothing bad to say about any of them really. It's all just personal preference and what you "believe". The main thing is just sticking with a reputable name brand, not the off brand stuff, other than that there's really nothing to worry about.

I ran Mobile in the truck just because, ran it in the Coyote since that's what had been run in it since day one with the PO, I'm running the cheapest brand parts store shit in this car lol

werd ive always used castrol just cause my dad always used it and never had problems lol i think its all the same honestly

Thats what I figured. I was running dino in my truck during high school when I was broke but then made the transition to part synth then a few changes later to full synth and thats whats I have been running ever since.

Yeah, the only real differences are dino vs synthetic. Synthetic has more postitives i.e. better lubrication, longer life, etc

I noticed ZERO difference between my conventional Valvoline and Amsoil. Shit still consumes oil either way, after my next oil change I will be back to conventional unless I find a killer deal on synthetic. My wife's car ran 151k on regular Pennzoil, and everyone rags on it. Never had one issue mechanically with that car. My dad has 300k on his 91, on the stock motor, always used regular Valvoline.

Never ran Synthetic until this last time I got Castrol Edge Titanium just because I only paid $27.98 for 5 quarts and $7.89 for another quart which isn't bad IMO spent more last time with conventional oil and cheap filter but got a Bosch distance plus filter for synthetic oil this time also... figured why not completely swap since oil pan will be off and everything getting replaced. Like stated I don't think it really matters :shrug:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

I use whatever Jiffy Lube puts in it. Fuck it. It's a GM. It'll still run forever.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've pretty much always ran mobil 1 full synthetic or castrol full synthetic, both are good. The difference I noticed was switching delco filters to wix that truck seems to run a couple psi lower oil pressure at idle (still about 35 warmed up as opposed to 40 with the delco)

i run shell rotella-t 15-40 in everything and use the z-max additive stuff in my burb. it got rid of my noisy rockers.
also all i use is a mobil filter, two mags have done oil filter tests and it has the most filter material and best internal parts. since using this filter my oil comes out a lot cleaner than before!!.

I was using delco filters before too, then recently picked up a mobil, this is good to hear because it was a few bucks more. Always wanted to try the zmax stuff maybe I will when my truck rolls 160K which will be soon

I use Royal Purple in both my trucks, only because I have an uncle that is a regional rep and I can get it at cost.

Always wanted to try the zmax stuff maybe I will when my truck rolls 160K which will be soon

I wouldn't... I wanted to put some in when I did my oil last week and new pan but read up on the company and turns out it's just mineral oil with color in it... read the review. But I know I won't be using it now...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2