clear headlights info

i see they make clear ones but i dident kno how well they way im looking for some with a dark background for my bagged extcab dose anyone have a pic of what the factors look like after they cleard them??? an i wonder if you paint them if they would last form the heat?

the NBS body style 99-07classic do not look good with the painted inside, plus you will loose a TON of light output.

if you look around atleast 66% of the trucks here have factory cleared headlights.

my prefered method is to get a heat gun, and heat up all the way around the light,

then focus on one section, dont get it hot to the point that the plastic is soft, your goal is the get the factory glue soft, not the plastic,

stick the butter knife inbetween the sections and gently pry appart, if its supper hard still try a little more heat.

work your way around the headlight until it comes appart. **DO NOT TOUCH THE CHROMED PART, YOU WILL NEVER GET IT CLEAN AGAIN**

Then the orange reflector just kinda pops out, take your silicone, and put it on the housing where the 2 connect.

then put the lens back on and press firmly. use your finger to wipe away any excess silicone from the outside.

This is when you need something heavy, i used a bunch of books to keep pressure on the lens for around 24 hours, allowing it to cure all the way.

then reinstall.

same goes for the parking lens on the 03-07

*NOTE* The only parking lens that can be cleared are the 03-07 silvy ones. if you have a GMC or a 99-02 silvy, you will need to buy the lens.

the NBS body style 99-07classic do not look good with the painted inside, plus you will loose a TON of light output.

if you look around atleast 66% of the trucks here have factory cleared headlights.

my prefered method is to get a heat gun, and heat up all the way around the light,

then focus on one section, dont get it hot to the point that the plastic is soft, your goal is the get the factory glue soft, not the plastic,

stick the butter knife inbetween the sections and gently pry appart, if its supper hard still try a little more heat.

work your way around the headlight until it comes appart. **DO NOT TOUCH THE CHROMED PART, YOU WILL NEVER GET IT CLEAN AGAIN**

Then the orange reflector just kinda pops out, take your silicone, and put it on the housing where the 2 connect.

then put the lens back on and press firmly. use your finger to wipe away any excess silicone from the outside.

This is when you need something heavy, i used a bunch of books to keep pressure on the lens for around 24 hours, allowing it to cure all the way.

then reinstall.

same goes for the parking lens on the 03-07

*NOTE* The only parking lens that can be cleared are the 03-07 silvy ones. if you have a GMC or a 99-02 silvy, you will need to buy the lens.

lol at stacking books on em.... i used bungee cords an ratchet straps to hold em together

Been running mine for almost two years. eBay lights. No problems.
null_zpsf94081d2.jpg

null_zps96334e94.jpg

Some people have had problems but I haven't. Just make sure all bulbs are seated properly and if really worried run extra sealant around the housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Am I too late for the free posts?

Mike needs to come in here and read about sealing his parking lights :crazy:

Would rather just buy eBay ones for 90 and sell oem for almost the same. Would rather net lose 20-30 bucks then deal with the hassle, because I something would definitely get fucked up for me lol

Plus not a total fan of oems with no reflector. You can tell something is missing, and the headlight & marker are different colors underneath. Replace with clear inserts imo

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore