Coil overs...

Nico

Apr 5, 2013
Shreveport, LA
Basically wanting to get opinions in coil overs. I have never ran them but have been thinking of doing it. Basically just wanting input.. Any of you guys likes/dislikes... Fox 2.0s are where I'm leaning but Id like input before I put up the $$. Seeing these stock shocks in the front are an eye sore!

We're talking NNBS Jared, not NBS. Nico, your truck is a 4x4 IIRC, right?

You can do Fox 2.0s, it has been done before, Will (Zero) had them on his NNBS CCSB. There is some modification though if you do in fact have a 4x4. The Fox 2.0s require a bottom mount relocation on the LCA because the shock body ends up hitting the CV shaft. GMR used to make a relocation kit but I guess enough people didn't buy them so they ended up discontinuing them, you will have to make your own. Will used 8.5" travel 2.0s with standard valving and Eibach 2.5" ID 16" long 750lb springs. I think you would be better off running 10" travel COs with your FTS, either that or you will need longer mounts. Here are some pictures:

newbuild001-1.jpg

newbuild005.jpg

Here's the bottom mount that GMR designed:

newbuild009.jpg

And here is a link to the original thread.

Last edited:
Agreed with Fogle, the bolt in kits are really nice and simple. I think he was just wondering about off the shelf Fox 2.0s because you can do it for ~ half the price.

Agreed with Fogle, the bolt in kits are really nice and simple. I think he was just wondering about off the shelf Fox 2.0s because you can do it for ~ half the price.

This! Haha thanks for the input and pics. Shouldn't be too hard to fab the relocation mount. Def going to get the ball rolling on this. Thanks again