Dakota's build thread

Hydroboost is towards the top of my list too. That might actually be next.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Vette brakes? Holy expensive there capt lol hydroboost and upping to 13" rotors up front from an suv should be a pretty solid difference. Tis what i eventually want too

Vette brakes? Holy expensive there capt lol hydroboost and upping to 13" rotors up front from an suv should be a pretty solid difference. Tis what i eventually want too

Lol that's why I said I'd look into them :rofl: i figured they'd be way more than I'd want to spend on this thing.

I got 85 dollars into my hydroboost and rear brakes I removed both from the 04 yukon xl at local u-pull it's really cheap here

sent from galaxy s6

you want impressive stopping power. go with the Baer eradispeed kit for 2005+ silverados. If you dont have the 05+ dual piston calipers, then you will have to get a set of those as well. $600 for 15" drilled and slotted rotors with brackets and will be set up for Z06 calipers later on should you want to get them.

you want impressive stopping power. go with the Baer eradispeed kit for 2005+ silverados. If you dont have the 05+ dual piston calipers, then you will have to get a set of those as well. $600 for 15" drilled and slotted rotors with brackets and will be set up for Z06 calipers later on should you want to get them.

Well shit. I should have bought that kit instead lol. Guess I know what I'm buying next time.

That's more than likely what I'll end up doing. Might look into vette brakes aswell.

Watcha know about them vette brakes? :rofl:

I only had about $1100 total on the conversion on the Chevy. :shrug:

Guess where I'm eating cocksucker?
:ffuuu: I'm going tomorrow or Sunday for sure!
Watcha know about them vette brakes? :rofl:

I only had about $1100 total on the conversion on the Chevy. :shrug:

Fawk. That's more than I'll spend on this pile haha.

Couldn't get any pictures with the wheels on as it got dark but I'll get some tomorrow. Mother of God these things stop 9000% better than what was on here.

Looks good dog, long tubes lurking in the back lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Looks good dog, long tubes lurking in the back lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thanks bro. Yea everything under there looks like pewp. It was all painted it one paint but it's been a while and this thing gets driven a lot lol.

Forgot to mention, I also cranked the keys up a little. Probably at about 5" up front now. It's a lot more drivable at this height. No tire rubbing and not as much scraping lol.

this was after the first cut I made on the cover
4a8adyme.jpg

Final
mu8uqyre.jpg

tis why i never lowered my rcsb moar. bumper was like 1/2" off ground. couldnt even get in my driveway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No major updates. Buuuuutt I bought some jbl 6.5s and tweets from Eddie.

Huge improvement over the factory bose.

dbcea39ddc5b43dc83cb6c7dcd4877d4.jpg

67cf52165f8cf89567cc27b3fa3c0c62.jpg

02a2a3330b028d23718ecc171749cc33.jpg

Still gotta upgrade the rear. Probably gonna remount the factory bose tweets in the backseat somewhere for now, until i buy new rear speakers.

FINALLY found a driveshaft that is the right size. Got it in today along with a new battery and drove the truck for the first time in a little over 3 weeks.

Also found a few more pictures of the frame, 3 link and coilovers I'm getting.
06b7cc4b1b9c518081a3677e0cf75cfc.jpg
512eb1de220b66be9028fbd9e4c611a2.jpg
f670de20bf6c4521e69c5d9b9306c4ba.jpg

Getting pretty excited about finally getting this thing on some nice suspension. Probably looking at doing it around the end of the year or so.

Here are the new link bars travis made for me.
32e657a75f6d82f2de61dbcab540f9bf.jpg

18930c0bd767ee4ea921e4993b30e5e2.jpg