Detailing on the cheap

Damn I need to do my tails! How did you strip them of the tint?

Just used laquer (sp?) thinner on a rag and just worked slowly with it. I didn't wanna dowse them and risk eating the plastic away so just dampened the rag. Took about 30-45 min to strip all 3. Then just rinsed off with water.

i have used adams on my 98 and made the paint amazingly beautiful. Also on a chalky looking tacoma to restore to almost new. Its worth it.

Nice job though.

i have used adams on my 98 and made the paint amazingly beautiful. Also on a chalky looking tacoma to restore to almost new. Its worth it.

Nice job though.

Oh you're def right, I remember how bad that Taco looked to start with. Just can't justify the cost of Adam's right now. After I graduate tho, it's on :bananamario:

Yeah Adams is good stuff but meguiars is just as good IMO. There is one Adams product I will always buy from now on and it's the in and out spray.

Some of my favorite stuff.

Really like this stuff. $2.99?
images

images

images

images

To the OP you ever looked in using a sealant instead of a regular wax? Gives you a thick wet shine, not as much depth as a regular wax but the reason why I use it is it last much longer than a typical wax and can have better protection. Then you can top it with a regular wax and get the depth from carnuba back.

Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection - 16 oz | Detailed Image
this is what I have been using lately and love it. Wet shine incredibly slick and so far 3 months and no sign of the sealant breaking down. and it wipes off so easily and that 16oz size will last you a ton of details because it doesnt take much to do a coating.

I've only recently learned about sealants. Definitely going to pick some up before the next detail. My truck lives outside so I need all the extra help I can get lol. Thanks for the link :shake:

I'm not gonna waste my money on Adam's stuff when I've just got old, worn factory paint. Adam's makes amazing stuff so if I ever have a custom paintjob, I'll def use their stuff but it's not worth it for my DD :imo:

I use Adams on my dented/scratched/swirled up DD. :cheeky: