Diesel Help

i can afford to keep my truck fine i just cant afford to do what i want to it and have fun every weekend.

and if i put 7k into my engine it would have like 800-1000hp

It's ok brah. I'm sittin purdy around 500hp, powdered lift, 22s, and even with the money in the motor, and the money I've put in the truck, and paid for the truck. I'm still in it less than you paid for a stock truck. And I can still afford to hit the lake on the weekends. :soclose:
6.0 is bang for your buck, but shop wisely

So you spent 7g's to make that ford reliable, and your ragging on him for his lbz?

What that lbz needs is that aftermarket filter thrown out and the Oem one put back in.

Stock airbox and filter
Pump rub fix
Lift pump
Transgo jr
Efi live
Exhaust (just cause everyone does this anyways)

Looking at a solid 450ish hp at the wheels, only spending maybe $2g's, and it's not in the shop every time it pulls outta the shop.

6.0's are cheap because they cost a fortune to make reliable. 20k for an lbz, 15ish for a 6.0...and needs 7k in upgrades. I think the ford owner just got boned on that deal.

Don't use an oiled air filter, it will fuck up your MAF sensor. The stock paper one filters the best by far.

Don't use an oiled air filter, it will fuck up your MAF sensor. The stock paper one filters the best by far.
great advice here. I know mines gas, but I had a k&n in mine and it was giving a random misfire. dealer said oil from the filter got on the MAF and was causing it. swapped back to the paper filter and still dealing with misfires. used to be a big fan of k&n, but I don't think I'll use one in a newer vehicle again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

not to jack this thread...but is there a paper or not oil cone filter any one recommends ?