Driveshaft doens't look stock...

Da_Rebel

Just another guy
Mar 8, 2012
Sanger, TX
Hello guys, quick question here. When we were doing the CalSpeed header install, I noticed the driveshaft had two serious dents in it. No big deal, just have to get a new one, but my buddy pointed something out to me and I wanted to ask you guys.

Has the silverado ever had a harmonic balancer on the driveshaft? He remarked it was odd, wasn't sure if he's seen one before.

005.jpg

Does this driveshaft look stock? He remarked that it looked really thick compared to others he's seen before. I can take more pictures if needed tomorrow.

006.jpg

I've got a driveshaft builder not even 10 miles away so I'm not worried about them being able to replicate it, just want to know if it looks stock to you.

Thanks in advance!

My old 99 4wd had the large aluminum drive shaft like that but I don't remember the balancer being on there, its been so long ago.

Mine's a big aluminum one like that but I don't have a balancer. Neither does my buddy's 00 or his bro's 01 or my other buddy's 04

One thing that I'm wondering is that my truck may have parts dropped in from 1500 HD. For one thing, mine has dual piston calipers in the rear. That, combined with the balancer and driveshaft has me curious. I need to do a VIN history report...

Last edited:
stock... my buddys 04 avalanche has the harmonic balancer the dealer put on it because of a driveshaft vibration, my 06 also has one on it.