Exhaust opinions

CammedVmax

Still stuck
Jun 5, 2013
Longview, TX
I'm about to completely redo my exhaust. I have pacesetter Lt's and I want to go off those into two 6" dynomax bullets, then into a Y pipe and single 3.5" or 4" back into an xr1.. Now the question is 3.5" pipe or 4" pipe.. 3.5" will be a little cheaper too.

Sent from Tapashit

I'm about to completely redo my exhaust. I have pacesetter Lt's and I want to go off those into two 6" dynomax bullets, then into a Y pipe and single 3.5" or 4" back into an xr1.. Now the question is 3.5" pipe or 4" pipe.. 3.5" will be a little cheaper too.

Sent from Tapashit

You dont need 4" unless you are moving a lot of air. Unless you have huge plans for the motor, I wouldn't bother for the extra half inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

she said every inch counts

Not when you are naturally aspirated and no major mods. It's how you put your 3.5" to work.

Edit:jimmeh beat me to it...unless you are going to that point, anything less than FI you won't need 4".

Last edited:
Not when you are naturally aspirated and no major mods. It's how you out your 3.5" to work.

Edit:jimmeh beat me to it...unless you are going to that point, anything less than FI you won't need 4".

not sure if misunderstood or trolling me back?

All you fgts and your XR-1's

3.5" is plenty. More than enough. Cheapest route would be to find a stock duramax exhaust. Factory 3.5", same bends as a half ton, and people give them away. What u doing after the muffler

All you fgts and your XR-1's

3.5" is plenty. More than enough. Cheapest route would be to find a stock duramax exhaust. Factory 3.5", same bends as a half ton, and people give them away. What u doing after the muffler

Bed stack :troll: But seriously I think he was talking about a corsa type or a tucked 6" tip

I want it to exit like this
6e6e2ybu.jpg
but on the passenger side of course. This is a 5" tip

Sent from Tapashit

From all the extensive reading i've done a 6.0 doesn't need any more than 3" y pipe, and then do like 3.5" out the back. That's what all the stock 6.0 and 6.2 have stock now.

How do you think it'll sound with the bullets right after the longtubes because I've considered putting one in my y pipe to cut down rasp too

3-3.5 is what i would run, but no to a monster tip, you arent a diesel.

It's only a 5" and I want it tucked kinda where it's still out the back but not too noticeable.. Plus I don't want it to scrape in the future :gnomesayin:

I think the bullets will quiet down some drone that would have from not having cats. That's the goal of
Them, also to give a little back pressure up closer to the motor. Thought about an x pipe too but the cam sounds more choppy without one to me :shrug: the Y pipe should at least have some scavenging qualities to pull the exhaust out. Will he doing 3.5" too, it's about $50 cheaper just for the muffler anyways. Don't plan on going FI anytime soon and if I do it'll be when I have the money to replace the exhaust anyways lol

Sent from Tapashit

Ima just do a quiet exhaust (18" Bullet in front of a 22" Magnaflow) then have an electric cutout right after the y pipe. Best of both worlds.

Ima just do a quiet exhaust (18" Bullet in front of a 22" Magnaflow) then have an electric cutout right after the y pipe. Best of both worlds.

I have these stupid cats in here now.. I didn't before and I loved it. Was perfect IMO but I went to get inspected and they flagged me for it and I couldn't go anywhere else so I had to put them on. Well that was over a year ago and I still have them. I have cutouts too and I leave them open most of the time cause I can't stand the airy shitty sound that it has with cats. Plus the cats are oem and rattle and shit :crossarms:

Sent from Tapashit