Finally, some good reverse light LEDs

GeoffSFAs10

May 7, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Since LEDs have come such a long way, it was time some good reverse applications had come out. In James Pate's truck build thread, he posts these: http://www.v-leds.com/6K-WHITE-LED-7W-BACK-p9769085-1-2.html claiming they are plenty bright. Well, he also has some big LEDs hangin from his bumper. So with some cyber monday discount codes, i ordered a pair. Well, Mr. Pate is good on his word, these are very bright, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

To maintain consistancy, I didnt change any settings on my camera, they are both taken with the same settings, They are pretty true to life, plus enjoy my neighbors Xmas lights.

Stock halogen backups....
IMG_9743.jpg

New LED replacements, much better
IMG_9745.jpg

So yeah, if you need better backup lights, these are the ones to get. I almost wish I could find a way to put em on a switch now to fend off all the ass clown drivers in town.

I almost wish I could find a way to put em on a switch now to fend off all the ass clown drivers in town.

I have this done, installed a switch and relay to use my reverse lights as work lights in the field, but I recently installed these same reverse lights, and it's fun to fuck with tailgaters to flip on your reverse lights. definitely do it!

I have this done, installed a switch and relay to use my reverse lights as work lights in the field, but I recently installed these same reverse lights, and it's fun to fuck with tailgaters to flip on your reverse lights. definitely do it!

Have a diagram anywhere? I did this with my old bumper lights on my zr2 but Im not sure where to go after them in the cab to wire the relay/switch.

Have a diagram anywhere? I did this with my old bumper lights on my zr2 but Im not sure where to go after them in the cab to wire the relay/switch.

What I did was just run a wire straight to the the reverse wires. Probably an easier way so you don't need all that wire but it worked for me.

I can't find the diagram I used, But I wired up a relay inside the right rear tail light hole, then ran two wires to the front, one for my switch and the other to the battery with a fuse. Ground the switch and the relay, then I have the trigger wire tapped into the reverse lights, plus power feeds back to the reverse light and out to wiring for a spare light if I want to plug it in.

Daamn, i need some of these. Would love to run a switch to em too, always thought about doing that. This is hella easier than that guy who put HIDS in his tails lol