Front Windshield Tint

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
Who has their shield tinted, and to what percentage? I am pretty set on giving it a try on the Sierra then maybe the Silvy, but not sure If i want to go 35% or 50% - definitely no darker than 35. What'd you pay? Pics and your opinion/experience would be helpful.

Also, to those who have stickers inside on their front shield (i have inspection and registration), how does it work - i am assuming they just cut the tint around it best they can?

I am considering it also, I will go no darker than 50, but planning on doing the darkest strip at the top to try and divert attention from the rest of the shield.

No stickers for me, but from what I see the best way is to cut around them and have a steady hand to out your new ones in the same spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran 35% on my old NBS. Paid $100 and the guy came to my house and did it with a warranty. When I got it inspected they put it right on the tint.

I have 35% on mine, paid 100 for it to be done and have a lifetime warranty.

Took a night of driving to get used to it but I can still see fine and really like it for cutting down headlight glare. I almost never wear sunglasses while driving anymore

I dont have any stickers so I didnt have to worry about that

I have 35% on all current cars and have had 50% in the past. I can see just fine with 35% at night but it will make your lights appear a little dimmer at night. I would personally not go any darker than 35%.

On the windshield?

Yup.

5% on everything. Was amazing.
dy7e6e2e.jpg

yhuzaqed.jpg

5% sides, 20% shield and 5% over privacy glass in the rear.
pavezepy.jpg

hesenuza.jpg

5edu3a4u.jpg

Last edited:
I have been in a vehicle with 20% on the windshield and that was scary enough couldn't imagine 5%

It wasnt bad. My eyes take in light differently then yours. What's average lighting to you is bright to me.

Not true. I have a tint exemption from my doctor due to my sensitivity to light. Sunlight is unbearable without sunglasses and headlights at night look like bright lights, I usually still have to turn my head away from them when they pass and that is with 35%. I am referring more towards being able to see anything with 5% at night when lights are not shining into the tint.

I wanna do shield tint for sure on both my cars at some point, mainly just for the sun glare and especially oncoming headlight at night glare. I'm very sensitive to light, but at the same time am blind as a bat (my contacts are about as strong as you can get) so I've always been nervous of not being able to see at night. When I first bought my old '94 GT, it had 5% on all the windows/sheild and I nearly hit a parked car at night in my neighborhood :uhoh:

Theres no way you'll pass inspection in Tejas so might as well tint over the stickers. I planned on just re-doing it every year since i like to get both my stickers in the same month but got busted twice. PoPo said they had the right to impound it on the spot so I just peeled it off and don't plan on doing it again any time soon.

20 sides, 35 windshield
44823_140227599352468_5819003_n.jpg