Gen 5 LT1/LT4 development

DirtyBlackHD

Mmmmk
Jan 23, 2011
www.google.com
just forwarding a couple of things i ran across for those who enjoy horsepower

Composite Centrifugal Compressor Wheel
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/att...6426-gm-supercharger-patent-application-0.pdf

Breaking News: Is this the C7 ZR1?s Supercharged Powerplant? - CorvetteOnline.com

Basically, GM has filed two patents for a composite centrifugal supercharger or turbocharger. The verbage shown on the patent says turbocharger in the abstract.... some other guys who read it say its a crank-driven supercharger. it's a little late in the evening for me to clearly read all of the language.
Either way, the drawings in the patent look very very close to Keek's, corvetteblogger, and Halltech's leaked photos of a more powerful version of the Gen V LT1.

c7-z06-620x260.jpg

Corvette-C7-CAD-Rear-582x441.jpg

stingray5.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

LT4.jpg

i cant see them using that for exhaust driven setups, i.e. turbo. unless this is some revolutionary composite material, i wouldnt think it could stand up to the heat. it does, however, seem that it is likely could be used in both turbo and that s/c design.

based off the second patent, it's definitely a centrifugal supercharger that has been configured to be mounted down in the intake manifold, specifically the valley. patent states that it is designed to pressurize airflow being received from the ambient. further on down confirms it is ran of a drive mechanism that will either be connected to the crank via chain, gear, or belt, and/ setup to be powered by an electric motor possibly controlled by the pcm (electric setup isnt shown in the diagram)