headers/egr

juanr_08

Apr 2, 2012
Alright guys im about to install headers this weekend on my truck but problem is that my truck has that egr(exhaust gas recirculation) so new headers don't have that...what do I need to do...just delete it and use block off plate....will it make my truck run like shit?

You can block it off but you will need a tune to turn it off if I remember right. Someone who has it done can confirm.

Can I just block it off from here?

20120905_110807.jpg

Or need to block off from intake

20120905_110943.jpg

I did it recently, I used a rubber freeze plug from napa(4 bucks) instead of the 25 the dealer wanted for the block off plate. Still haven't got it retuned for it to make the light go away, but mpg has stayed the same so it didn't affect anything there

Like everyone else said, just block it off from the intake and have it tuned out.

Alright guys im about to install headers this weekend on my truck but problem is that my truck has that egr(exhaust gas recirculation) so new headers don't have that...what do I need to do...just delete it and use block off plate....will it make my truck run like shit?
fool, we told you to block it off, and Brandon has the block off plates...did you not pay attention to us at all on Sunday? Those enchiladas must have gone to your head!

I also had complications when I installed my headers. Installing aftermarket headers wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. I too had purchased a headers. You might need to buy specific tools because there are several small head bolts that are to be removed and Allen-head configurations. Well first I did raise the vehicle with a jack and place it securely on jack stands to properly install it, for clearer view and ease of installing. Removing the steering shaft also took time for me because of the stock headers being squeeze in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had complications when I installed my headers. Installing aftermarket headers wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. I too had purchased a DC Sports Performance headers. You might need to buy specific tools because there are several small head bolts that are to be removed and Allen-head configurations. Well first I did raise the vehicle with a jack and place it securely on jack stands to properly install it, for clearer view and ease of installing. Removing the steering shaft also took time for me because of the stock headers being squeeze in.

thanks for the info bro

menace, make a seperate thread and give a bit more info on your truck, also give a budget that you want to stay within