heat doesn't blow hard

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
so my truck heat was working fine till a couple of days ago and its cold now and really not making it a fun drive to work

ive read some stuff about it being the resistor....

basically my fan isn't blowing anymore heat still comes out but not at enough pressure...

if someone can confirm that its the resistor or have any other idea's let me know thanks

a6u5una2.jpg

why is your gf's name "heat" ?

Heather, so almost. :soclose:

Interested in info on heating as well. My fan blows hard but lukewarm heat all the time. topped of coolant, didnt help much and when the heat is on it intermittently shuts off and comes back on. Good luck Marc but I have no idea as well

ok,

marc, does it blow on 5? or not at all. generally when the resistor goes out, 1-4 doesnt work but 5 does as its a direct wire, If it doesnt work on 5, my guess would be the blower motor itself.

Matt, yours sounds to me like its the blend door, that its stuck and wont go strictly to heat, they are a PITA because you have to pull the whole lower half of the dash appart to repair it.

ok,

marc, does it blow on 5? or not at all. generally when the resistor goes out, 1-4 doesnt work but 5 does as its a direct wire, If it doesnt work on 5, my guess would be the blower motor itself.

i don't know i don't have #'s because i have the digital shit but i researched it some more an i am going to check the resistor first ... when i am done work ...i hope its not the motor itsself :pray:

my resistor only has a 3 prong plug does anyone know where to find one its definitely the problem id upload pictures but my phone wont connect to my computer

:tableflip: $170.00!!! im going to gm dealer tomorrow to see how much it is there
if its expensive ill see if my parts guy has one ill clean it up and hope for the best

Enter the part # into Google, search for a better price. Try eBay as well. Your dealer will be the most expensive option.

Sent using Tapatalk

here is pics of the resistor i need

you can tell its not in the greatest shape... and i need a new plug too because it has burn marks on it :pissed: