Important!: Help me choose my stance!

Which stance?

• 2/3 drop

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
So I'm really undecided on what to do with my truck now that I have the HD hood and grille. I've been running over these three options in my head and can't make up my mind, so I'd like some input from the CGM family on what direction to go.

1) 3" level with 2" rear block. For the front I would be using the 2" rc strut spacer with belltech struts set to +1. My main concern with this is how it will affect front end angles.

2) 2" level with 1"/nnbs rear block. Front would be belltech struts set to +2

3) 2/3 drop. Front would be belltech struts set to -2. Rear would be 2" drop shackles with no block.

Leveled
4bbafe634b8e56310245489b919d072b.jpg

Dropped
63e219b7620c1afb921833caa7baf1cf.jpg

Last edited:
2/3 drop or 3" level would both be good, which do you prefer? If you do 2/3 youll want 4/7 in no time...if not more. If you run a level you can get a nice wheel setup of the bat and stick with it.

2/3 drop or 3" level would both be good, which do you prefer? If you do 2/3 youll want 4/7 in no time...if not more. If you run a level you can get a nice wheel setup of the bat and stick with it.
Do you think angles would be OK with 3" level? That's my only main concern with that route.

Is the truck 4wd?

Do either mid travel or at least 4/7

#1 will make the front of your truck hate life and you will soon follow from the shit ride.

Meh, plenty of guys run "too much" level or crank up front for a long time with no ill effects. My truck is tall as shit up front and yes my front end will wear out faster but it'll still take a long time. A lot of it has to do with your wheel/tire setup too. It'd look great with that and some 20x10s and 295s/305s

Summit, parts stores, ebay, rough country, 4 wheel parts... :shrug: Just try googling 2" silverado rear block and find the best price

#1 on 20x10s and 33s like stated….or 20x12 if you don't mind cutting a little more lol. Also, I would personally put the 3" of level up front and see what your fenders measured before installing a 2" block in the back.

Meh, plenty of guys run "too much" level or crank up front for a long time with no ill effects. My truck is tall as shit up front and yes my front end will wear out faster but it'll still take a long time. A lot of it has to do with your wheel/tire setup too. It'd look great with that and some 20x10s and 295s/305s

That argument really doesn't justify anything lol, but yeah I hear ya.

And yeah, worry about the block last. Raise the front and see where you get.

I still vote mid travel.

Dug back to find old measurements, but had no luck from when it was leveled. I know I measured though, and iirc the rc spacer got me damn near 2", putting the front at 38".

As she sits with stock front and no rear block I get 36" front and 37" rear. So in theory, if I do a 3" level with a 2" rear block, it should put me around 39" all around.

Also wanted to add that I don't want any lean, but can deal with a bit of rake, so if the 2" rear block puts me higher in the rear, I can deal with it.

Last edited:
Yeah, any block will work. Just make sure you get the same style that you have now, either straight or tapered. Idk what NNBS's have but NBS's are tapered