Hillbilly water

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
I live in bum fucked Egypt and have well water. What can I use to prevent the horrid water spots that occur? Tired of having to drive to town to wash my truck. Towel drying helps but it doesn't completely rid the spots.

Well water is great, just run a filtration system, that's what we did before we hooked up to a water main

Sent from pasta.

Yeah well water is awesome. Just need to put water softener in it (I'm sure y'all already do, just pointing it out) and a good filtration setup to catch the minerals you don't want on your paint.

I was hoping there was some kind of soap that would help. We have a pretty expensive filter system but on my dark blue, it still leaves streaks and spots.

Y'all must have soem pretty gnarly water if it's still doing that after the filtration. Idk other than that, just dry it off quicker lol

Spray with detail spray after washing. It helps the water cling to the surface when drying so it doesn't evaporate right away. It should give you enough time to dry it.

What he said^ I always mist the whole truck in detail spray while it's wet before I dry it. Makes it a lot easier to dru

Sent from Tapashit

Couple of things you can do... the filter is obviously ideal, but thats big $$$ and the cartridges need to be replaced often so it keeps getting more expensive over time.

Change the time of day you wash - wash early in the morning or later in the afternoon when the sun is lower in the sky and the heat is less intense.

Work in shade whenever possible - a garage, a tree, even an inexpensive pop up shelter. Anything that can give you some relief from direct sunlight to slow the water from drying.

Pooling aka Sheet Rinse - take the nozzle off the end of your hose and use a slow flow of water to 'push' the excess water off as your final rinse. Water drops are needed to make water spots, if you get most of the standing water off you don't have to worry about it as much.

Choose a soap that suspends minerals - our Extreme Suds Balanced Wash is pH neutral and will help keep the stuff in your water suspended. Part of this means DO NOT RINSE as hard as it is to resist. Soap up every panel then rinse, dried soap is easier to remove as it keeps the minerals suspended.

Use a drying aid - like others mentioned, use a detail spray. Our Polymer Detail Spray features an acrylic polymer that adds protection and gloss and is super slick. It helps keep the water 'wet' until you can remove it.

Forced air drying - use an electric leaf blower, air compressor, or a dedicated car dryer to blow the excess water off quickly before it can spot.

A lot of these techniques are outlined in this video, even though it involves a pressure washer the process is still pretty much the same.

[video=youtube_share;_tFbDj7mT2c]http://youtu.be/_tFbDj7mT2c[/video]

Another option all together is to do away with the water exposure and move to a Rinse-Free Wash. Still very effective, but b/c it doesn't require rinsing and running water the issues with water spots are virtually zero -

SCG Pro Rinse-Free Wash & Wax

you motherfuckers like drinking well water? fuck that, I grew up on that shit, and still have it when I visit certain families, gross!

the spray detail is a great idea cause i am super lazy :up: and wash my truck every week

I filter my water...so I don't drink "city supply". Our house has a filtration, and then we also use a Brita machine.