how do you shift?

Fourstar07

Jan 23, 2011
who uses the column shifter, who just puts it in Drive and put their foot through the floor?

i love having my hand on the column shifter and slamming it up a notch!

Mine is stock so I just put it in drive and go lol

If It was modded id definitely manually shift it from time to time

Most of the time I just left mine in D but sometimes when I was feeling sporty I'd manually shift it. Especially when I was just running cats and pipe all the way out the back, I loved downshifting it and letting it spit and pop :driver:

I never have it in D unless I'm on the highway. I leave it in 3 around town. Dnw shifting in/out of over drive and dnw converter locking and unlocking all the time.
The only time I manually shift is if my truck will not drop down to the gear I want at WOT. So if I'm running 70MPH and want to go fast, I manually shift to 2, because if I didn't it would downshift to 3.

I'll put the lexus in "manual" and have sport mode on, truck is whatever I feel like, mostly just drive with tow/haul on haha

Sent from pasta.

I never have it in D unless I'm on the highway. I leave it in 3 around town. Dnw shifting in/out of over drive and dnw converter locking and unlocking all the time.
The only time I manually shift is if my truck will not drop down to the gear I want at WOT. So if I'm running 70MPH and want to go fast, I manually shift to 2, because if I didn't it would downshift to 3.

Tried this on my drive home tonight, so much better. Tow haul is great but just doesn't lock out overdrive. If I'm trying to hold 45 or so up hill my trans can't make up it's damn mind and is constantly doing the up shift-downshift-up shift routine which is annoying as hell. Gears would help, but I really hate the 4L60E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if i wanted to shift it i would have put a manual in it....
[video=youtube_share;KmlZZRsckM4]http://youtu.be/KmlZZRsckM4[/video]

Last edited:
Only on roll races

30 roll Holding it in 1st
45-60 roll holding it in second,

Once i get the jump right back in Drive.. Let the truck shift.. That's why I pay my tuner.

Same for the Dmax 3rd gear rolls, then immediatly back in Drive the paddle/thumb shifter is laggy

Normally right after I hit VTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKK BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

:security: