I think my transmission just went out

Why don't we just go pull a used one for $100 and call it done. Drive it like a monster for a week, dat 30 day warranty

Just talked to the shop. He said my spider gears in the rear end are torn to shit. That needs to be fixed before he can even diagnose anything else. WTF?

Ouch, had the same thing happen to mine. Had them replaced, and 6 months latter them bitchs went out again. Just buy a used rear end, same price, better outcome.

Ouch, had the same thing happen to mine. Had them replaced, and 6 months latter them bitchs went out again. Just buy a used rear end, same price, better outcome.

This. Rear end swap is much easier/quicker

Cheapest rear end (local) I could find is $530. The transmission shop wants $375 to stab new spider gears in. That includes labor. So $375 it is. Then its still likely the transmission is toast too. He can't even properly test drive it and diagnose the transmission until the rear end is fixed. FML!
I can scrape up enough for the rear end, but if I need a transmission too I am fucked. :facepalm:
And since I couldn't drive it in Drive or 3rd gear, its highly likely that it is toast like the spider gears.

Rear end is fixed, and the transmission is definitely fucked. Looks like the spider gears locked up and when it did that, it locked up the drive shaft. And because I was accelerating when it happened, it tore up the transmission. What happened was basically the same thing as driving 45 MPH and then slamming it into park. It just tore that shit up.

Yeah, it sucks. Fuck it, no choice but to fix it though. I ain't going get another car note right now. My truck is paid for, and the engine runs great and is in excellent shape. So I'll just have to fork out the cash to fix the transmission.

Scott, the same thing happened to my 96 yukon. But, i was also powerstalling at the time. busted my rearend and in turn the trans. I paid $1,500 for an overhaul (and 'supposedly' a shift kit) and about $400 for a rearend out of a low mileage nbs. Best of luck, wish I could get some LED work on my 06 but it's a DD :(

So I was able to pick up my truck from the transmission shop today.

The guy was bragging about how good it shifts and how firm the shifts are. But then I drove it and I was like "it shifts just like it did before".
But then I quickly thought "He must have never driven a Blackbear tuned truck before."
yao-ming-rage-face-photo-u2.jpg

The bastards also put over 80 miles on my truck. I guess they had a little too much fun test driving it.

The bastards also put over 80 miles on my truck. I guess they had a little too much fun test driving it.

With an older GM ECU it can take this long (or longer) to clear all of the 'not ready' codes in the computer. Im sure they were just testing it until they were 100% sure no codes were going to pop up on you, its good that they took the time to do so.