I think my transmission just went out

I'm not too upset that they drove it that long, I just wish the fuckers would have wrote the mileage on my invoice AFTER they test drove it. :facepalm:
So thats 80 less miles on my warranty. Not a big deal though, fuck it.

did you have any done to the trans or just stock rebuild?

mostly stock rebuild. They put in a hardened sunshell and planetarys, and he said he used "high performance" clutch bands. No shift kit or anything like that though. I already had a vette servo, and told them to leave it in there.

Anyone ever linked transmission damage to Blackbear tunes?
Could tunes fuck a tranny up making the shifts too firm?

You and Pierce are both tuned and both trannies went out recently. :hmm:

This is why they don't recommend 100% removal of tq management in their tunes. Does blackbear male people drive trucks like they're race cars?

Sent from Secure Line

Not that there's anything wring with that, just saying that combined with the right (or wrong) driving habits will lead to repair. I mean hell the trans is a wear item. Can't expect clutches to last forever lol

Sent from Secure Line

Yeah wasnt trying to prove you wrong, I have friends that rawhide the fuck out of good 150k drivetrains and now have never ending problems

My transmission was destroyed because the spider gears in the rear end stripped out and got locked up. Not because of the tune, or because the transmission clutches wore out. It was all hard metal parts that were damaged. He said the clutches were actually still in good to fair shape. The damage that occurred to mine ALL resulted from the rear end. Was it my fault the rear end went out? Possibly, yes. I have a heavy foot and I've done my fair share of burn outs. But had the spider gears not fucked up like that, my transmission would not have been destroyed.

My transmission was destroyed because the spider gears in the rear end stripped out and got locked up. Not because of the tune, or because the transmission clutches wore out. It was all hard metal parts that were damaged. He said the clutches were actually still in good to fair shape. The damage that occurred to mine ALL resulted from the rear end. Was it my fault the rear end went out? Possibly, yes. I have a heavy foot and I've done my fair share of burn outs. But had the spider gears not fucked up like that, my transmission would not have been destroyed.

I Probly should've quoted cub when I made my post. My Yukon tranny went out the same way, not tuned.

Sent from Secure Line

I Probly should've quoted cub when I made my post. My Yukon tranny went out the same way, not tuned.

Sent from Secure Line

Yeah. The tune had nothing to do with it. If anything it actually prolonged the life of the clutch bands by adding the vette servo and setting up the firmer shifts. And my truck has been tuned since January 2010. If shit woulf have broke from the tune, I doubt it would have taken 2 and a half years.

Sent while sitting on the toilet.