Knocking ID!

lol oil light pff i have oil % but i do it every 4,000 -5,000 miles or 7,000 - 8,000 km's :canuck: my oil gauge thingy says 50%+ every time i change it

I use the oil life indicator, oil is dark when I change it but if you get some on your finger it still has a normal oil color to it, like a dark bronze color. Typically its every 4500 miles or so and I run Mobil 1 and Wix filters

I use the oil life indicator, oil is dark when I change it but if you get some on your finger it still has a normal oil color to it, like a dark bronze color. Typically its every 4500 miles or so and I run Mobil 1 and Wix filters

Same, except my dad insists on buying fram filters :nono: I gotta convert him to something different.

lol oil light pff i have oil % but i do it every 4,000 -5,000 miles or 7,000 - 8,000 km's :canuck: my oil gauge thingy says 50%+ every time i change it

Your changing it way to soon, might as well just burn $40 bucks.
GM did their homework with the oil life % deal.

Exactly.

Same, except my dad insists on buying fram filters :nono: I gotta convert him to something different.

Ive ran them, doesnt matter that much IMO, frams just dont filter as fine, which if your going down to microns, your filtering out the shit anyway.

i have been running purolators in mine lately

Your changing it way to soon, might as well just burn $40 bucks.
GM did their homework with the oil life % deal.

so i can run my oil till the oil gauge is close to 0% ? because i can probly get 17k-19k km 10k-12k miles if i do that ....let me know it will save me some money ...

yea,

i have ran mine to 0, generally i will try to catch it at 1-4 percent, left,

ill put it this way, my old man runs standard dyno oil pensoil or whatever is on sale, runs it till the light comes on at 0% then changes is that weekend. truck is a 02 with 130k towed once a week for years though the hills of PA and tows the boat too. still 100% fine.

Save yourself some money dude

i just never pay attention to it...if it comes on and aint 75 hunned yet, i reset it :rofl:

I did this as an experiment but with Mobil 1 extended. Just ignored the light and went til I had time and money to do it. Oil was darker than usual and with the miles creepin up and a 3 semesters to go in school. That truck has gotta last me. Gonna stick to the light