LED head light bulbs? any info/details on them ?

Honestly if you can get the cutoff plates from the 6.0's, they look pretty damn good in the 5.0 housing too if you go that route Zach. My buddy just got some free 5.0's that were missing the cutoff plate, and he slapped 6.0 plates in and while they're not as wide as the 6.0's, they're still pretty damn good, and NO foreground limit.

Also where dafuq is Marc?

Zach bought my 5.0's since he is waiting to buy housings, it works out great since I don't have time to do my 6.0's at the moment

Yeah i meant he can put those 6.0 plates in the ones he bought to improve them a little lol

Sent from my igloo eh.

Yep. Truck mods will be put on hold for a bit so I'll go ahead and just snag these and I'll be good to go when I do housings. I had aftermarket DEPO projectors on the cobra and was blown away by them so I'm sure I'll be totally satisfied with the 5.0s at least for a while. And foreground limit probably won't be an issue with my fogs. And light bar lol

Yep. Truck mods will be put on hold for a bit so I'll go ahead and just snag these and I'll be good to go when I do housings. I had aftermarket DEPO projectors on the cobra and was blown away by them so I'm sure I'll be totally satisfied with the 5.0s at least for a while. And foreground limit probably won't be an issue with my fogs. And light bar lol

correct, when I put my fogs and lightbar on, cant tell the limit much at all.

MARC.

Just got a quote from my buddy. You'd be looking at $230 bucks without bulbs/ballasts. I've got some 5K bulbs I can sell you for 20bucks BNIB, and if you want you can just run some bullshitty DDM ballasts.

That's 2 projectors, full relay harness, high beam splitters (to send power to the bi-xenon solenoid from the high beam cable feeding the high beam bulb) Shrouds.

Add shipping from Onterrible to BC

so in total i would be spending over $300 on headlights and then id till have to buy OEM healights and swap the lens out of mine....

for some of you this might be worth it at the time but i have a bunch of body work that needs to be done before i spend that much on head lights.

i am now looking into the HIR bulbs that you suggested...will those be close too 5k light colour of my LED's ?

is there any bulb that doesn't look yellow but more like 5k colour but isn't an LED or HID ? but still have good output ?

Silverstars are absolute garbage that are overpriced and burn out extremely fast. Avoid them at all costs.

Also, stay away from halogen lights with any type of coating on the light, ie that blue tint shit they put on there to make them "Hyper Ultra Super Cool White" or whatever the gimmick is. All that coating does is reduce the output of the light.

Here's a breakdown of what I'd do for lighting upgrades for each budget:

Low budget:

HIR bulbs, if applicable, in highs lows and fogs. If no HIR bulb is available, use Phillips bulbs in the correct size.

Cost: $50-$100 depending on bulbs and number of housings you're doing.

Mid budget:

B-stock current model or used/new old stock previous model bi-xenon projectors. Do this in the low beam and run a quality high beam bulb like mentioned above

Cost: $150-$300 depending on deals, what housings you have, etc.

High/no budget:

Full retrofit using the best and newest tech. You'll have the advantage of the bets cutoff, no foreground limit, and extremely bright, but FOCUSED, output.

Either run a high quality halogen in your high beam or similar.

Cost: $300+

That's it. No leds, as the projector retro tech isn't there yet, and the output is completely useless without it.

Youre all welcome.

:tableflip: i fucking want matching lights without spending much money or being a fucking asshole faaaack.

Silverstars are absolute garbage that are overpriced and burn out extremely fast. Avoid them at all costs.

Also, stay away from halogen lights with any type of coating on the light, ie that blue tint shit they put on there to make them "Hyper Ultra Super Cool White" or whatever the gimmick is. All that coating does is reduce the output of the light.

Here's a breakdown of what I'd do for lighting upgrades for each budget:

Low budget:

HIR bulbs, if applicable, in highs lows and fogs. If no HIR bulb is available, use Phillips bulbs in the correct size.

Cost: $50-$100 depending on bulbs and number of housings you're doing.

Mid budget:

B-stock current model or used/new old stock previous model bi-xenon projectors. Do this in the low beam and run a quality high beam bulb like mentioned above

Cost: $150-$300 depending on deals, what housings you have, etc.

High/no budget:

Full retrofit using the best and newest tech. You'll have the advantage of the bets cutoff, no foreground limit, and extremely bright, but FOCUSED, output.

Either run a high quality halogen in your high beam or similar.

Cost: $300+

That's it. No leds, as the projector retro tech isn't there yet, and the output is completely useless without it.

Youre all welcome.

word I have always be top of the line with my DD. my dually obs has HID's in stock lights, but I only drive that one day a week lol and only for the hour drive home that night

well since i want new headlight bulbs anyway i just ordered a set of PIAA xtreme white plus bulbs but in a 9005 but i will be modding it to fit in my low beam since it has 10 more watts....if is not what i am looking for it will go into my high beam eventually and will retro my low beam. i will also be doing the 6-hi mod.

PIAA headlight bulbs like to burn out fast so just be careful.

Philips CrystalVision bulbs are the best halogens I have ever run. They were whiter then silverstars and lasted for almost 5 years. They were almost matched my 5000K HIDs when I had them in the fogs but when you looked at the truck they were slightly yellow. When the headlights go out in my wife's car its going to get the Crystals. Or im going to find some LTZ headlights and do a retro.