LED head light bulbs? any info/details on them ?

Found this posted on another forum.

A user on the Forester forum just posted these pictures (rehosted) of his 2015 Forester halogen headlight (reflector based) output with OEM H11 halogen bulb and then with VLED's LMZ LED headlight bulb that is claimed to have an output of 4500 lumens. He had this to say about it (emphasis mine):

Originally Posted by ageorge
I used LMZ High Output 4500LM kit from VLEDS. While they were very bright the beam pattern was a disaster in terms of glare. I tried to adjust them but it was still unacceptable and I had to return them.
Here are the pictures:

Stock
qgLmzuN.jpg

VLED LMZ
3gdNKMx.jpg

Source: LED headlights for '14+ Forester - Subaru Forester Owners Forum

lol his cut off on his stock lights are really good... my aftermarket ebay clear headlights already scatter the light as bad as the bottom picture

Is there any members or someone out there to recommend to do a projector retro on my '03 Silvy headlights? Even if I did the work of opening mine up and clearing the reflectors and such. I seen the pictures that James Pate did with that Long Shot Lighting kit on his Silvy. Would that be a good route to go with?

PIAA headlight bulbs like to burn out fast so just be careful.

Philips CrystalVision bulbs are the best halogens I have ever run. They were whiter then silverstars and lasted for almost 5 years. They were almost matched my 5000K HIDs when I had them in the fogs but when you looked at the truck they were slightly yellow. When the headlights go out in my wife's car its going to get the Crystals. Or im going to find some LTZ headlights and do a retro.
Any stores carry those Philips bulbs? Or online only?

Is there any members or someone out there to recommend to do a projector retro on my '03 Silvy headlights? Even if I did the work of opening mine up and clearing the reflectors and such. I seen the pictures that James Pate did with that Long Shot Lighting kit on his Silvy. Would that be a good route to go with?

Like Chris said, Phil does awesome work. If you want to tackle it yourself I'd go with the mini D2S projectors.

Have 24" Light bar on order :sneaky:

Got a deal through a friend who specializes in off-road recoveries that I couldn't refuse :cheeky: