led

Fred 4/6

Apr 24, 2013
Hope I'm putting this in the right spot. Has anybody ever installed led's in the front turn signal? I was told in order to do so you have to hook up some kind of fuse, is that true? Any advice and suggestions are welcome.

if pat ever got on anymore he could tell you.... but plenty of others have, im not one of them so i cant help you lol

I wan to change the amber one.Where can I buy a resistor? What type of fuse would I buy if I changed it?

You can get them from a lot of places.

Vleds.com superbrightleds.com amazon and eBay as well. Just search for 6 Ohm 50 Watt resistors and you should be all set.

I should have said what store, trying to avoid online because it's something that I want to do this weekend. About how long does something like that take to do?

Cool beans!!! Probably not going to soiled or shrink wrap it but it will most likely be done this weekend.

needs resistor to prevent hyperflashing

a resistor, or change the relay under the dash that makes them hyperflash :read:

Or just do the flasher mod Cornell posted and save some money. I've got amber leds in mine combined with the flasher mod and love them.

Two sets of these and also amber 194s in the corners.

13960465833_43a6e875ce_b.jpg

13747002424_c2f9b3f298_b.jpg

litterally pull off the under the hood grill cover, pull off the grill, pull out the parking light, cut the wire, soider resistor in, shink wrap it, put led bulb in housing, reassemble and done.
No need to pull grill cover or grill. Can get the parking light out by just removing the headlights.

Chris, I was looking at the thread you made and have more questions. I want to put led's on the upper and lower blinkers. Question one will I need a total of 4 resistors or just 1?