Maintain

gmcguy09

Mar 22, 2014
List here the year and mileage of your ride. Any uncommon problems to look ahead and maybe take preventative measures?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

98 Silverado
160k miles

When brake problems arise, have a shop with real mechanics fix it. Fuck that DIY shit.

02 sierra

just need new front shocks. i have poly bushings to replace the rear leaf bushings but they are fine as it. no problems

04 Silvy
~148k
If it hasn't already happend:
Stepper motors in gauges
Trans cooler line
ECBM failure
Intermediate Steering Shaft

I had to replace the computer in mine, it kept shutting my truck down. And they say wasn't under warranty or recall. Which is bs

'05 Silverado Z71
Put knock sensors in at 155k, CVs were leaking at 160 (had a level kit tho), trans was on its way out at 162k (traded it in)

Sent from TapaTwat

I'm approaching 100k. Those numbers scare me lol. I always trade at about 130-140 but would like to keep this for a long time

My old 2003: never had any problems really, unless i broke something by driving the shit out of it. (Trans,rear gears, both under 100k miles.

My 2006: had to replace front driver side hub at 87k miles. My fault most likely from gettin muddy after i bought it to test the 4wd lol

04 sierra

fucking shitwagon

really nothing that isn't normal wear and tear. My Service Brake System shit comes on from time to time randomly. I just shut the truck off and it will go away.

Last edited:
07 nnbs
~65k miles.

general maintenance/aftermarket mod support.
transfer case took a shit, but i guess its common for some of the 07's depending on which transfer case they use.
went through like 4-5 airbag sensors in the front end.