Need some opinions 01 bodied silverado

welsh907

Rehabilitated Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
Over the last few weeks ive contemplated a few things with my truck
1. Shaving.
Ive thought about shaving mirrors and handles but i will be towing with this truck.
Im going one of two ways, shaving all of it, or tow mirrors to match the hd front and fact that ill be towing.

Secondly is paint. I cant decide on a color to save my life.
Ill always have black rims, so i want something that will make the rims stand out next to the paint unlike the black paint I had before. Ive also considered color matching the lip of the rims as well.

Here are some pics, any opinions are greatly appreciated.

DSC_6706.jpg

prior beauty
121BFE54-EEA2-435A-A256-5D00BC9D4C8A-12642-0000060A83A1B797.jpg

Silver would look pretty nice with everything colormatched and colormatched tows if you go that route which I think would look pretty good

No silver is my color lol... I think jetstream blue or that dark purple imo I would do the blue with silver wheels but whatever your choice is...

pa3usy6e.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

I love the jet stream blue but the powder place here can't do that color. Has to be a color I can get coated because my front bumper, arms, 4 link and some other pieces will be coated.

Why are you stuck on having black wheels? Easier upkeep in winter instead of chrome pitting, etc.?.....I only think the black wheels would look good with a silver or something like Dakota said. If you go with the blue or something like that be a little more open minded to something besides black. Also, I think it'd be more practical to put the tows on instead of shaving the mirrors.

Don't get me wrong, jetstream blue is probably my favorite color but I just think I would rather see it in silver if its gonna have black wheels

Then why did you ask bro? Go look at the powder colors lay them out and show us otherwise our opinions are pointless if colors are restricted. And please god dont shave mirrors that looks so horrible our trucks need something or they look gay. I have always loved your truck but always hated your wheel choices. I think something with some black is fine but not all black...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

I asked because I want a general idea of what to look for. They have a wide variety of colors, but jetstream blue isn't one of them.

The reason I say that the wheels will stay black is because when I buy my billets this coming winter, they will be coated black. I don't like the upkeep on chrome wheels and I've never found a chrome wheel that's super high offset that I liked, unless it's billet, and I don't want to spend half my life cleaning them.

I asked because I want a general idea of what to look for. They have a wide variety of colors, but jetstream blue isn't one of them.

The reason I say that the wheels will stay black is because when I buy my billets this coming winter, they will be coated black. I don't like the upkeep on chrome wheels and I've never found a chrome wheel that's super high offset that I liked, unless it's billet, and I don't want to spend half my life cleaning them.

any other blues or more shades of it you like? why does the suspension have to match? You could paint truck blue then get suspension parts powdered silver or another color that would complement the paint choice. Also, can't you get a clear coat on the billets or even powder them silver? just throwing what if's out there :shrug:

any other blues or more shades of it you like? why does the suspension have to match? You could paint truck blue then get suspension parts powdered silver or another color that would complement the paint choice. Also, can't you get a clear coat on the billets or even powder them silver? just throwing what if's out there :shrug:

Ill have to swing by there again and check on colors. Main reason is bc my front bumper is going to be powder coated and I want it to match the truck. I wont paint the front bumper because we live in rockville usa.

Im not sure on the clear coat. have to wait for someone to chime in on that.

I could really go either way on them, personally I would do stock mirrors but its all up to your personal preference, I don't think the tows would look bad of they were colormatched though