need some seriousss radio wiring help/declusterification!!

:cheeky:
k cool, i guess next i'll be de-Fording the wiring harness. clip them just before the first crimp?

Yep. Snip that shit off and wire it up to the GMOS-4.

If I was there I would wire that shit up for like $20 :lol:
And I would be done in like 20 minutes.

haha i wish ya were! and i feel dumb for even thinking of this question....but where da fauwk is the HU harness being wired into exactly?? the one end of GMOS is 24pin plug, which goes directly to the big green 24pin factory plug. ok. then the other end is a 10 pin, which leads to one power, one remote power, and 4 rca jacks..

do i tap into the 24pin harness, so it goes from factory green plug to the GMOS & HU??

edit, take the loose HU harness wires, and tap them into the middle of this 24pin harness?
IMAG2176_zpsb6bfcdff.jpg

Last edited:
RCA goes to h/u output RCA power to power remote to remote
Prawfit

:lolwut:

just snipped off harnesses

HU harness

two ends i wasnt sure what to do with. purp w/ white wasnt connected to anything, and that is how the solid blue was :shrug:

old ford shit

plug with RCAs had one negative memory wire running to ford shit. cut that, left with this. all the red & whites are different sound outputs

then just the harness and plugs in the radio

i haz no RCA ports in the back of HU :shrug:

dont know what that is.

did a quick google search..still dont. besides that it converts high frequencies to low frequencies.. lol

what is it and why would i need it

This thread is great! I wish I was close by I would do it for free just to alleviate your pain. Good luck!

You DO have RCA outputs on that radio. I see them in the picture. For Christ's sake man, they are even labeled "front output" and "rear output". :facepalm:

All you need to hook up is your power, ground, ignition, remote turn on (blue/white wire) and the illumination wires if the radio even has that. You do not have to hook up the speaker wires with a Bose harness. Just plug up the RCAs instead. Plug the RCA jacks from the GMOS harness to the RCA outputs on the radio. Only other wires you might have to connect are the VSS wire, reverse wire, and parking brake wire if you use the navigation.

You DO have RCA outputs on that radio. I see them in the picture. For Christ's sake man, they are even labeled "front output" and "rear output". :facepalm:

All you need to hook up is your power, ground, ignition, remote turn on (blue/white wire) and the illumination wires if the radio even has that. You do not have to hook up the speaker wires with a Bose harness. Just plug up the RCAs instead. Plug the RCA jacks from the GMOS harness to the RCA outputs on the radio. Only other wires you might have to connect are the VSS wire, reverse wire, and parking brake wire if you use the navigation.

Well yeah I see those, and I mentioned them. I just don't have any that are in the back of unit itself, like how my old unit was, the other 2 old units, and some pics online. Guess it doesn't matter as long as they are somewhere :shrug:

So there are 4 white and 4 red RCA's in the radio, and dash. Good. Except, the ones in the dash aren't labeled at all. Is it gonna be a plug and play game till I find the right output plug on each?
7ejygu9u.jpg

The gmos RCA's are white black, purple, green.. None of which are in the radio RCA harness, or anywhere on the radio itself.. So da hell do they go?
qepa4ade.jpg

The only other RCA's on the radio harness are brown (rear view camera) and yellow (video input)
y5a7ahe8.jpg

I do want to use the navigation on it, and from what I understand these are the wires for that here?
jajugeve.jpg

aseguteg.jpg

Harness has solid green, solid blue, purple w/ black, and solid light green that match up there. No light pink
na5ajy6e.jpg

sent from your HTC Rezound

Oh my God Greg, just stop and listen for a few seconds. The RCAs labeled front and rear on the harness that plugs into the back of your Pioneer radio match up to the colored GMOS-04 RCAs.

-The white GMOS RCA goes to the FRONT white RCA on the Pionner.
-The gray GMOS RCA goes to the FRONT red RCA on the Pioneer.
-The green GMOS RCA goes to the REAR white RCA on the Pioneer.
-The purple GMOS RCA goes to the REAR red RCA on the Pioneer.

Like Scotty said, the speaker wires on the other Pioneer harness aren't going to be used, that's what the RCAs are doing.

The RCAs that are coming out of the dash are probably RCAs for a subwoofer setup or something that the previous owner had. Trace those and see where they run. My bet is they run along either side of the truck to the back seats somewhere and aren't hooked up to anything.

Last edited:
Hook up your power, ground, ignition, illumination, and the RCAs I just mentioned and turn the Pionner on to make sure that it's working properly and THEN figure out the VSS, parking brake, and reverse wires. You've got too much going on right now and you're trying to do it all at once which is confusing you.

yeah, sorry. this was the only electrical experience i had before this... just one harness & radio antenna with everything color matching up. so just remember i dont know any of this shit, and at this point i am only going off what you guys say

before i was looking for actual colormatching plugs..but now i see that the tags on the wires match

whats left of rca harness. the remote power wire & yellow w/ black (manual says Audio mute wire?)..1 brown plug , 1 yellow plug, 2 red plugs, 2 white plugs (sub output and audio input iirc)

guess ill just cover up the plugs and tuck them away in the back somewhere

The RCAs that are coming out of the dash are probably RCAs for a subwoofer setup or something that the previous owner had. Trace those and see where they run. My bet is they run along either side of the truck to the back seats somewhere and aren't hooked up to anything.
correct. they most likely run to the old pioneer module that is under my rear seat.

Hook up your power, ground, ignition, illumination, and the RCAs I just mentioned and turn the Pionner on to make sure that it's working properly and THEN figure out the VSS, parking brake, and reverse wires. You've got too much going on right now and you're trying to do it all at once which is confusing you.

true that! so hook up red, black, yellow, orange w/ white,and the RCA's.

now, 'nother dumb question..the 24pin plug already has the yellow and black wire hooked up (in 2 spots cause i guess he need an extension) and the red from 24pin plug is open. fingers point to each connection

do i...
A) tap the radio harness black and yellow into where the other black & yellow connect, making it a three-way?
B) leave as is, and tape off radio harness black & yelow?
C) cut current connection between the two, connect radio harness to either 24pin plug or other set of wires and tape off non-used?

this is one of those questions where i feel like it's legit at this time, but once i get an answer, ill feel stupid as fuck lol :fp:

Last edited: