need some seriousss radio wiring help/declusterification!!

scotty already posted the pdf for the gmos install, thanks though billeh :shake:

on the other hand, i suck

guesses on what i fucked up?

Last edited by a moderator:
only reason i hate forums is i cant explain things worth shit, im all hands on. if i were there in person i coulda wrapped that up for you in a couple hours at most. did my buddy's older brother's ford the other day in about 20 minutes

Damn interwebs lol I figured trying to show everything through pictures and text would be a Bitch, so that's why I got these videos to try and make it easier for you guys to understand what's going on

I'm sure this would be a lot easier if I started off a stock, clean slate.. Not a jumbled up shitfest

sent from your HTC Rezound

I got back the the harnesses I need.. But it is still a pain working with used stuff because wires have already been cut, spliced, soldered, taped, re routed, ect

The radio not working tonight really killed me lol I'm giving up and calling a friend tomorrow who may be able to help. If not, I guess ill just leave it as it, wait till I'm driving it, then take it to a shop :shrug:

Last edited:
Yeah I messed up my dd install (stupid mistake) and I left it alone for a day and then went back to it and got it done. Just Give it a day to sit and finish up the cluster or something to pass the time.

So I just checked the HU power fuse.. Good. Removed the soldered extension of yellow and black wire, so it connects from HU harness directly to 24pin harness wire. Then even tried reconnecting the red power wire from the overly long one on 24pin, to the shorter one

epynapa3.jpg

yje7udyt.jpg

Aannnd still no power :ayfkm:

WELL... checked that radio fuse under the hood.. Aannnd, that could very well be the problem! Lolll
3aqubyty.jpg

Will replace this before I do anything further with wires

Last edited:
Got an assortment pack of 8 mini fuses for $7 today.
Just replaced fuses, plugged er all in turned the key on! Annnddd.........

No power -_- let's make sure I got everything how it's supposed to be.. From 24pin - radio harness: red, yellow, black, orange w/white are connected. Both HU fuse and radio fuse are good.
Only open wires off 24pin are red, and orange
u7u6e7ur.jpg

These open red and blue w/white right? Or supposed to be on something?
u9epytup.jpg

Plug that goes into radio off of gmos. Open blue w/white and yellow w/black
2emu2u7u.jpg

Then this is all nav and parking brake?
bu5a7ugu.jpg

FOUND* PROBLEM!!

called a tech savy friend and after a couple hours we found the problem. the fucking pins in the harness's dont even line up... :ayfkm:

this is the pin for THE power wire on the gmos 24pin plug...

this is where that pin plugs into....an empty fucking slot......

this is the other plug off the gmos, only two wires on it = 2 pins

red is where they plug into... and there is only one wire coming into that plug. green circles where that wire is

AND i found a new god damn switch...EDIT: found it just runs to a ground up to the green w/white wire that comes out the dash (parking brake) fuck, thats lame

ordered this also. itll be here Thursday, ill redo all the harness bullshit and put the new one in. that should do it :happeh:
Amazon.com: Axxess GMOS-04 Class II OnStar® Interface for Amplified Systems: Electronics

Last edited:
well who ever woulda thought the pins would be fucked up? i didnt see anyone suggest checking it in my 2 threads :bleh:

but im pumped to test new one out. we actually hard wired this harness and got the radio powered up and working, but the pink amp wire is fucked also so there was no sound coming from the speakers because it wasnt powering the amp. tested some other shit too that doesnt really matter to say, cause we found problem & solution* :datass: