need some seriousss radio wiring help/declusterification!!

16pin harness

box - 18pin side

box - 16pin side

overview of other messy piece lol

one 24pin plug

closer up

12pin on left, 18pin on right

one half: 24pin to 18pin to 2pin

other half: 12pin with power wire and right-angle jack?

then plugged it in and tried separating it all the best i could. everything is still all bent from packaging lol

so a couple things i noticed.. there is a LOT more shet, and no RCA's lol

Last edited:
Yea I saw that shit coming when I was reading the instructions for that piece

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Had a good night. Took out ALL of po's extra bullshit wires. And this was after the 3 other harnesses I clipped before
suresubu.jpg

Got the other harness all ready. I'll do it when I have time
atyvanuq.jpg

sent from your HTC Rezound

Is that the right harness? Looks like they fucked up and shipped you one for a truck without Bose. Double check the model number and all.

It said for amplified vehicles, reviews had some people with nbs bose, and everything is looking good so far :shrug:

Plugged into 2 factory plugs, which go to the 24pin gmos. Other side is 16pin gmos with 16 wires coming off. Per instructions, they all line up with the 14 wires on the radio harness. Only one not used is the blue w/pink (VSS or speed sense wire)

Edit. The remaining extra wires and little plug is for if you add steering wheel controls it saya

fuck man that looks like a lot of work. i never want to touch anything electric on my truck and when i was at uhaul like trailers or anything id just say "let me get the hitch guy" or "we have noone here that specializes in wiring" especially when some douche comes off the road with hack job wiring from the truck to trailer.

It's really not that hard to figure out. This has to be the longest head unit install in the history of man.

It's really not that hard to figure out. This has to be the longest head unit install in the history of man.

It's not hard at all if I started from stock......

But instead I had to cut out 3 harnesses, remove his Sirius radio shit, the separate module in the rear, ps2 shit, and on top of that, I was working with the wrong fucking harness the entire time. All while never doing any of this shit before. My dad said he's never seen so many wires come out of a truck before.

Now that I got rid of his shit, and have the right gmos harness.. It would only take 30 mins tops. So :bird:

Haven't touched it since Thursday night :bishplz:

If I got time after the gym I will. I'm leaving in a few hrs to go out of state for the night. If anything I can prolly get to it Sunday