Nick_H's Generic Red Silverado Build

It's good that you're jumping right on these ideas. Truck is really coming along nicely. Pretty much all advice from any members is good advice; except for Billy, he's a hack :sneaky:

It's good that you're jumping right on these ideas. Truck is really coming along nicely. Pretty much all advice from any members is good advice; except for Billy, he's a hack :sneaky:

Yea I'm trying to get what I've been wanting done. I have stuff sitting on shelves at home but with no time to do it. Work comes first when I get home on customer's stuff.

Also what color should I powder coat the lift, bars, and rear end? I can't quite think of anything that would look good besides red and before I pulled the trigger just wanted some honest opinions since this is the only forum I get on now.

Also mirrors and grille are getting painted next week. Can't really decide on what to do to the rear bumper though. I don't care much for chrome besides chrome wheels.

Last edited:
I say colormatch the lift.. You don't really see that done much anymore

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using tapacrap

I say colormatch the lift.. You don't really see that done much anymore

I might who knows. I won't do it until I'm 100% certain because I don't want to pull the rear end apart twice if I don't like it. If I did chrome wheels (which is a possibility) then I might do red lift and rear end with chrome kicker bars and diff cover idk.

Chrome/polished > black all day

True that would be a lot of color going on. Become too busy. Might get some POR tonight and start brushing it and do a few coats for now.

Sent from janky Galaxy S4

tedyrana.jpg

I have some more painting and cleaning for sure but for now this is what I have. Blocks are getting painted tomorrow when they are pulled to remove stock block. All brushed well and POR it all. Will get the cover done eventually but this helped a lot for now. Mirrors getting painted Wednesday (if fellow has time to conquer them). Head lights ordered and will be on the way to Phil at Fastheadlights when they arrive.

Need to paint over those hideous Superlift stickers on the shocks. Or get Bilsteins. Or FTS. Or really anything but Superlift or Skywacker

Need to paint over those hideous Superlift stickers on the shocks. Or get Bilsteins. Or FTS. Or really anything but Superlift or Skywacker

Or just wait on all new setup! Ive got a kid wanting all my rear stuff so I want to go a different route but smoother. No idea what yet. Going to look around on here and see what I can pull up.

9a3ydu9y.jpg

Went ahead and painted shocks tonight. Didnt want to wake neighbors at shop with lift so I will wait until this week to tackle that.

Anything else? Any suggestions? I'm open to them all and will gladly take advice.

Also Z71 sticker is coming off same night as block swap.

Get some Napa rubber coating and hit that undercarriage with it

I've got the outside painted well. Just didn't get to hit the inside of it. Couldn't get the wire brush I had in the tight spots to justify doing it just yet. Plus ran out of paper to tape off.

Last edited: