Nitrogen filled tires vs Compressed air

Peyton676

Mar 10, 2012
Le Boot
Anyone running Nitrogen in their tires?
Is it worth it to hunt someone down who can fill them up?
Pros and Cons?
Ive did a little research on it,just wondering if anyone does this.

The air we breath is like 78% Nitrogen. Nothing wrong with putting it in if it's free. Won't hurt anything.
Really, I think the only advantage will be you'll get to wait slightly longer before you'll need to add more air.

Just run air. For street vehicles air is just fine, your tires never get that hot and you can refill them anywhere. We run nitrogen in the race tires because it's more stable, doesn't heat up as much and don't lose "air" during long stints. You can't find nitrogen just anywhere

Since it wasn't stated yet, Nitrogen doesn't expand as much as air, nor do tires tend to lose pressure as much with Nitrogen.

I've had tires with Nitrogen in them, and it was pointless. Just stick to air.

:trolldance:

Ok just checking see if it was worth it
4k deep in new wheel and tire combo figured it wouldnt hurt to ask bc im anal about these bishs
Thanks for the input guys

If its free I would do it. Like errbody else said, it has a few benefits, but not much. Really the only two benefits that would even make a difference is that it expands less so you wont have to add air every few months or when it gets cold outside. The other benefit is it has almost zero moisture. That's a good thing if you have custom wheels and are worried about corrosion.