Important!: No start issue!!!

welsh907

Rehabilitated Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
Have an 01 silverado 4.8 auto. My bagged truck. Disconnected the positive battery cable to weld on my tubs. Reconnected it and truck will crank and crank and crank, but will not start. Figured it might be low on gas. Threw 5 gallons in it, still nothing. I have spark, have power to all ignition fuzes. Tried pulling my intake off and spraying it with starter fluid. Didn't even try to fire.

Anyone have any ideas what might have happened or what the fuck is going on.

Got me so mad because I just spent $600 in registration bullshit just so the bitch could move, and now it won't start. Got me so frustrated because it was outside and I couldn't push it by myself. Ended up going to punch the door, missed and punched the window.
e4adu7a8.jpg

qesate6y.jpg

ANY idea what the fuck is going on with this truck?

Last edited:
Check the ignition fuses? Should be a couple 40A fuses at the main fuse block. That's what my issue was a while ago.

when my pump went out it would still make noise and draw amperage but it wouldnt actually create pressure in the lines. just a thought

I checked all ignition fuzes. Idk if the pump is the problem. I manually fed the motor gas and starter fluid and it never even so much as hiccuped.

If its the security thing, try pulling the bcm, pcm fuses or anything that might have to deal with the computer(s) and plug them back in... it might start then...

The shrader valve is near the fuel rail on top of the engine. Theres a silver crossover line iirc and theres a black cap on the valve

Manually fed the motor fuel, so it had spark and had fuel, and didn't even try to fire. I'm at a fucking loss.

Bitch sits there and spins and spins and spins but won't fire. Could a fried ECM be the problem?

Sounds like the security issue to me imo. My last truck would do it occasionally and it wouldn't allow the truck to start. Cranked and cranked, but no start. IIRC it disables the fuel pump as a security feature. But of course, it can just do it out of the blue like mine.