Non-GM question

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
2000 Tacoma
V6 5VZ-FE

When I drive my truck then cut it off for any small amount of time, then try to restart it, it won't idle. Seems like its not getting fuel. If I crank it then keep the gas pedal pushed down, it'll run fine until I let off, then it chokes out again. After a few mins of driving, it all goes back to normal and idles fine. It just acts retarded for the first few minutes if the motor is hot. Everything works fine if the motor is cold.

Only thing worth mentioning that I could rule out is the fuel filter was replaced ~6 months ago. Everything else fuel wise is old.

There's lots I things it could be

I'd be looking at resistance on crank/cam sensors, when got they will cause iaaue identical to that.

But there lots of other possibilities too

Another thing I forgot to add; if the gas pedal isn't pushed down when trying to start it when its hot, it will turn over like normal but won't fire up. And then once its running, if I let off the gas, it dies. Usually I'll just hold it at 1500 rpms for a ~10 seconds then its all good.

Its not a huge catastrophic event or anything. I've been dealing with it for the last 2 months, maybe twice a week (usually just leave it running unless urban youths are around). I just wanna know what's causing it.

And I don't know a thing about checking sensors lol. If nothing easy is suggested to try, I guess I'll have to take it to a shop.

Nope. Kept it running the whole time the guy was looking at it lol. He texted me about a month later saying how much he loves the truck and appreciates me petty him buy it.