OBS brake issues

After a good bit of googling last night about my issue; I read that there may be air trapped in the master cylinder. Is that something typical?

What about if you open the reservoir with a hose off? As soon as I did it, I realized it was probably a bad idea with the suction and vacuum.

But its always been full. Has never gotten below half full.

Awesome. That's been worrying me.

Does the booster/mc make a noise when pressed? I noticed a squishy air noise when my dad was pumping it but couldn't find anything loose or out of normal.

yes your buddy is an idiot. Doing it his way would do harm instead of good.

I had this problem awhile back on my 05 sierra. I changed the front pads and it would grab hard on passenger side and jerk that way..... it corrected itself after a week of driving it. Not really sure what the cause was

one of my calipers is screwy on my 06 it pull to the right sometimes but only when i am nearly stopped :shrug: but this is your thread....

id be so tired of working on my brakes by now, id send it to a shop and tell them to fix it IMO

Feel free to use this for all brake questions since there's a lot of info in here so far. Someone can change the title to "Brake Q&A" if wanted.

Shops around here want a shit-ton of money for brake repairs. And I don't have it. Shop wanted $440 to put calipers and front brake hoses on. If the new bleeding technique works, I'll have spent $70.

Last edited:
Welllllllll I can't get the brakes to build pressure when the truck is running. When the truck is off, the pedal is fabulous. When motor is on, all the way to the floor. Bled each corner probably 20 times. Reservoir filled up with milky, bubbly fluid. Suctioned it all out and replaced with clean fluid. After bleeding each corner again, the new fluid is milky and bubbly again.

Gonna try to have a mechanic come over tomorrow night and look at it. Fingers crossed its something simple and not the booster or mc.

It just baffles me because it was all working properly before I put the two hoses on and now its being retarded.

Probably just gonna take it to a shop tomorrow before work. Bleed and flush is $69. Lord only knows how much it'll cost if there's broken parts.

Mechanic is coming to check over everything and legit bleed the brakes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Shop quoted me $600 to replace booster and mc.

I explained the symptoms to the mechanic (ASE) and he said it doesn't sound probable that the mc or booster is bad. He just said there's an ass of air in the system. I'll have him do the bleeding while I pump the pedal tonight.

I called and got the quote on the mc and booster just for a worst case scenario.

i was going to say the same thing. ASS LOADS of air in lines. Specially if you did what your dumb dumb friend told you to do. Pump while bleeder is open.

It would take awhile to bleed all the air thru!