Obs lift suggestions

Exact setup I want for my 88 when its done

still 7.5" of tire, thats about the same as my 04 with 265/70R17s

u want the top one? imo thats too much rim not enough tire id think the ride would be rougher then the second pic.
just my personal preference i dont like the look with huge rims with not so much tire on a lifted rig i think it looks better with decent size rims with a more beefy tire to absorb more of the road bumps and whatnot to make the ride a bit better. just my opinion

u want the top one? imo thats too much rim not enough tire id think the ride would be rougher then the second pic.

Yes I want 22x14s on 35x14.50s for my 88 with 6"+3"+1"crank so it would be 10"ish front 7"ish rear lift, just not sure if I want XD Diesels or Fuel Hostages. Not worried about ride have 04 DD, DNW to DD cencal style truck in Iowa.

Yes I want 22x14s on 35x14.50s for my 88 with 6"+3"+1"crank so it would be 10"ish front 7"ish rear lift, just not sure if I want XD Diesels or Fuel Hostages. Not worried about ride have 04 DD, DNW to DD cencal style truck in Iowa.

to each his own i guess just not a big fan or the cencal truck thats just me i mean they r nice but not my preference

if they still had the DCII in production id go that route but since they dont it comes down to RCD or the RCX bc the RCD is about 600 more then the RCX so idk which one to choose

BDS makes a nice obs lift, there were a few guys on fsc and gmfs that loved them.

i remember you previously saying bds was good, just reallllly expensive 2k+ (from the site i found)

i know in the long run ill probably end up spending a pretty penny with BL, suspension lift, wheel and tire combo, and all the other things i will probably need ( steel brake lines, etc)

Last edited:
ok im gonna get the rcx when i save up some money, what shocks should i get if the ones that come with it arent great? they have the original Hydro 8000 shocks, Nitro 9000, or Perf. 2.2?

they are very stiff so they cause a rough ride.

dnw rough ride, although i know it wont be smooth and shit like a luxury car but whatever i can do to help! shit i could probably pickup some bilstein shocks and sell the ones that come with the kit on craigslist to get some money back, if i find the right person they may pay me my money back lol

^^this

Bilstein will be your best friend, at minimum, run Monroe's monotube

i originally was gonna get the monroes to run now bc my mechanic recommended them and when i got the truck from my neighbor he said the front needed shocks but i havent replaced them yet so i may see if i can just get bilsteins and hold out til i lift