OBS Reg Cab Sub Options

Jordan, you wouldn't happen to have any pics of those setups would you?

I don't. I got rid of that truck after college so it has been a while. If you're looking to go prefab on the box (which I'm sure there will be a million people here that will try to dissuade you of that), the single 12" Q-Logic truck box worked just fine for me. I assume the rest of their lineup would work okay too. Q-Logic makes quality stuff IMO. I've never had any issues with prefab boxes, they always sounded fine to me as long as the rated volume was in the ballpark of the sub's needs. But, I'm not one of the guys that is HUGE into car audio. With that being said, my dual 10" box was custom built and sounded great.

Edit, take that back... I found one greasy picture of the Rockford P2 12"/Q-Logic box setup.

Last edited:
I don't. I got rid of that truck after college so it has been a while. If you're looking to go prefab on the box (which I'm sure there will be a million people here that will try to dissuade you of that), the single 12" Q-Logic truck box worked just fine for me. I assume the rest of their lineup would work okay too. Q-Logic makes quality stuff IMO. I've never had any issues with prefab boxes, they always sounded fine to me as long as the rated volume was in the ballpark of the sub's needs. But, I'm not one of the guys that is HUGE into car audio. With that being said, my dual 10" box was custom built and sounded great.
Ten four. Yea I'll probably go pre fab. I'm not looking to compete or anything. Just want decent sounding bass that can fit behind my sear without having my knees against the dash. Appreciate it man. I'll look into their stuff on break in a little while. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you lol.

Ten four. Yea I'll probably go pre fab. I'm not looking to compete or anything. Just want decent sounding bass that can fit behind my sear without having my knees against the dash. Appreciate it man. I'll look into their stuff on break in a little while. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you lol.

If that's what you're going for... you'll be totally fine with a pre-fab box and a well paired sub/amp/door speaker/headunit setup. I'd be glad to answer any questions you've got.

I already have a new pioneer HU. After subs will be replacing the door speakers and maybe adding some 6x9s to the rear. I either don't have rear speakers or they don't work. I haven't looked inside the trim panel into the speakers yet.

The rear speakers are pretty notorious for being shitty and/or quitting in OBS regular cabs.
Same way in my nnbs. The front door speakers ,one by one, just quit playing. Fucking retarded. Its supposed to cool down this weekend so I'll start tearing shit apart and investigating.
i have a 10 behind each seat in my OBS but the seat cant go all the way back, and i have the 60/40 bench/jumpseat in mine.

amp is under the seat
Having the solid bench sucks ass
subthump makes a box for OBS reg cabs to just so you know
Interesting. I'll research tonight. Have been busy as fuck all day then they had a plant-wide BBQ lunch so my break was occupied.

Q-Logic doesn't have a box listed for 88-98, only newer.

The SubThump box looks pretty legit and isn't expensive at all.

Now to find subs that use .80 cu.ft of airspace with 4.75 and under mounting depth.

The SD-2 subs require .5 cu.ft. What exactly would happen if it put it in a .8 cu.ft box?

Last edited: